The Elk "Grip and Grin" contest!

10-1-2011 010-2.jpgLet's see if this works. First time trying to post pictures here. Idaho bull.10-1-2011 013.jpg
pencil.png

VANDAL

WKR
How about a GRIP & GOAT pic.

Took this bull in 2011 on day 6 of a mule deer hunt. I scouted up a very nice buck that summer and spent 6 days solo in the backcountry trying to find him again during the October general season. To make a long story short, I never saw that buck or very many other bucks...but I was seing the same three 6pt bulls everyday. I finally lost patience, hiked out, bought an elk tag, and shot this bull the next morning.
2011 Bull 009.jpg
Wow...I forgot how big elk are relative to deer. Goats are amazing pack animals and do great for deer, elk are a little too big.
2011 Bull 023a.jpg

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
A bull I nicknamed "Chuckles" because of his bugle. Killed him the third day after him.

attachment.php

VANDAL

WKR
HaHaHa, sorry about the photo shop job.

Usually goats lag behind about 10-20 yrds but this packout they were right in my back pocket the whole time. The day before the lead goat got jumped by a mountain lion as we were hiking down the mountain. I still have no idea how he survived the whole ordeal without a scratch. Thats a sight I will never forget.

Juan_ID

WKR
Jason, that 2nd bull is sweet! That would make for an awesome mount with how his velvet like that... Congrats to everyone, some fine bulls!