The first run

shaun

WKR
Well I got the new pack loaded last night I used 3-2liters to use as food weight plus all my normal stuff and threw in a 25lb plate when I am done at gym this am I am heading to Fresno State to do some stadiums. I am curious to see how it feels after being beat up from a workout like that. I'm pretty stoked after all the anticipation

Maxhunter

WKR
You'll feel tired at first but the more you do it your body will adjust. It's just like when you haven't worked out for quite a while it's difficult and you want to quit. Your workout regime on the bleachers should really benefit you this fall climbing in the mountains!

When I trained for my sheep hunt I used to run then hike a mountain behind my house with 50lbs at first I didn't have much stamina after running but within a couple weeks I didn't notice it quite so much.

Keep at it fall is just around the corner and the mountains aren't getting any easier!

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR
You'll feel tired at first but the more you do it your body will adjust. It's just like when you haven't worked out for quite a while it's difficult and you want to quit. Your workout regime on the bleachers should really benefit you this fall climbing in the mountains!

When I trained for my sheep hunt I used to run then hike a mountain behind my house with 50lbs at first I didn't have much stamina after running but within a couple weeks I didn't notice it quite so much.

Keep at it fall is just around the corner and the mountains aren't getting any easier!

I do them on a regular basis I was referring to how the pack felt vs others I've owned

2rocky

WKR
Shaun I'll be in Fresno in May for a conference. Drop me a line if you want to do a run or stadium stairs...Staying at the Radisson.

littlebuf

Banned
why do you guys use weights and water? doesn't that make for an awkward load in your pack? I really like a 50 pound bag of dog food and maybe then some other gear to get the weight up. that way its a better simulated full load. really tells you how the pack rides better loaded than just dead weight hanging in the bottom or sucked up tight in the center.

why do you guys use weights and water? doesn't that make for an awkward load in your pack? I really like a 50 pound bag of dog food and maybe then some other gear to get the weight up. that way its a better simulated full load. really tells you how the pack rides better loaded than just dead weight hanging in the bottom or sucked up tight in the center.

i cant keep dog food long enough to get it loaded in the pack!

OP
shaun

shaun

WKR

I loaded all my gear like normal and put the 3-2liters where my food would normally be. Made sense to put 12lbs with those in place of food than pulling my prepared stuff out of the pantry. With the pack loaded and stuff packed around them they rode exactly how my food would have.

2rocky

WKR
Unless your conference is @ the Radisson there are much better places to stay. Lock your doors.

The conference meetings are at the convention center. The night function is at the Fresno State Ag Center Pavillion. The rooms are better than the Picadilly on Cedar. When it was there I'd stay at the Holiday in Express by the freeway.

Hey guys took my bikini and7k to the 3d archery shoot today had it loaded with about 30#s and compressed down and had no problem shooting I think that even with full load I could still shoot with the way the pack and frame fit on your back.View attachment 7431