The Frontal Shot!

Would you take a frontal shot inside 20 yards?

• YES

Votes: 94 89.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters

wapitibob

WKR
This picture shows the bone structure and position.

attachment.php

wapitibob

WKR
Nothing wrong with taking any of the 3 shots in the pictures I posted, from my perspective. I'm 57 and started bowhunting when I was 15. We were never tought about the advantages of frontal shots and at this stage in my life, that shot doesn't automatically enter my train of thought.

Can't do it. Not judging anyone else either. I just know how crappy it feels to wound an animal and not find it. I felt sick for a month the one time I wounded a bull and couldn't find him. They are tough animals but wounding one makes for a miserable elk and I have to much respect for the game I hunt. Like I said not judging anyone else, enough of that crap goes on without us attacking each other.

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
After seeing all the info on this I would take the frontal shot at 20 yards or less on an elk. I originally voted no becasue I was relating this to deer and I still wouldnt take this shot on a deer because the area is alot smaller than an elk. I also do most of my deer shooting from tree stands so I'm used to waiting for them to turn, even with a gun.