The Frontal Shot!

Would you take a frontal shot inside 20 yards?

• YES

Votes: 94 89.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Absolutely I'd take a frontal shot. Under 30 yrds and good conditions = dead animal.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Oh Boy, this should be good! I have shot 3 bulls with the frontal. Two dropped dead within a hundred yards. One I never found.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Inside 20 yards. Clear path. Calm breath. I'd shoot. 20 yards is a good cutoff distance for that shot for me. Anything further than that and I would pass.

Beastmode

WKR
Bigger target but some damn tough bones up front. The way the ribs start on the front of an animal aren't super arrow friendly depending on the frontal angle. A good broadhead will blow right through these on a deer, an elk it should but strange things happen. I feel more confident blowing through these bones on a deer. Not confident =Me not shooting simple as that.

Craig4791

WKR
I'm ok with it. I know where to shoot and as long as the stars are aligned i will take the shot (don't think i would do it beyond 25-30yds though). I also shoot a lot of KE and MO so i feel i have a little leeway if i hit bone.

sk1

WKR
perfect circumstances im down with this shot under 30, part of those circumstances include a calm relaxed animal not on alert.

My very first year of bowhunting I passed on a 5x5, frontal at just under 20. Should have shot--but didn't feel comfortable with it at the time. Now would be fine with it, at 20 or less. Everyone has their own comfort zone.

Swede

WKR
Under the right conditions at 20 yards, I'll take it. The big problem with longer shots is with the time the animal has to move.