The future of Lead

Okhotnik

WKR
In addition to my other reply, here is another good secondary source which links to many independent research studies; https://www.ehn.org/amp/lead-ammunition-in-meat-2645108170
The full-fledged, peer-reviewed, scientific journal articles can be read in their entirety by using the links provided, if you’re interested. Some people will have their mind already made up and no amount of scientific research will change that—it’s human nature. To be fair, again, I’m not over-reaching by saying that elevated lead levels in blood will result in diagnosable medical complications. But since the CDC says that no amount of lead in blood is safe, I’ll hedge my bets by switching over to copper just to be safe. But to each their own, I suppose. Whether it matters or not, I do have a Masters Degree in Biology and my own research has been published several times, so I do know my way around science and research. This isn’t me just being a blowhard with no evidence to back it up.

CDC? lol
drinking liters of soda heavily sweetened with corn syrup is completely acceptable and encouraged by our government and the FDDA, CDC, which receives millions in political donations from big Ag. And just look back how our govt CDC closed down mom and pop vegetable and fruit stands, health clubs, gyms, saunas, physical therapy, butchers but allowed liquor stores, pot shops while Walmart, amazon to stay open.

Not one word from the cdc during Covid that a healthy lower carb diet and out door exercise every day was very important to to stay healthy during covid. How many harmful and deadly drugs are removed from the market every year after a supposedly rigorous FDA approval process?

This obviously has nothing to do with health. Walmart has 22 cal monolithic ammo on sale this week

SDHNTR

WKR
CDC guidance (to support either side) is nonsense and unnecessary. Common sense is all that is needed. I don’t need a government agency to tell me that lead, or cigarettes, or high fructose corn syrup is bad for me.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Here you guys, a couple of you need this:
I take serious issue with this professed "expert". He was too flippant with the antenna and neglected to point out that Heavy Duty is required, and that result may vary by brand.

SDHNTR

WKR
I take serious issue with this professed "expert". He was too flippant with the antenna and neglected to point out that Heavy Duty is required, and that result may vary by brand.
Haha. True. The Heavy duty stuff is a requirement.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
It was sarcasm.
He claims evidence but fails to produce it so I should be able to also claim evidence without proof.

Also I've seen this play out on this and other forums LLP
1-New member comes on and jumps into an old lead thread.
emoji3581.png

2-Appears reasonable at first, then starts making small claims-"I've read some good research"
emoji3581.png

3-Fails to back up those claims
emoji3581.png

4- smears the opinion of others as akin to Nazi science(must use Nazi, fascist, communist)
emoji3581.png

5- further appeals with their credentials- ms in biology
emoji3581.png

6- says others don't understand how science works, were just too stupid
emoji3581.png

7- emotional appeal to protect children
emoji3581.png

8- anyone with a differing opinion is a monster who doesn't care about their children should have cps called on the for giving them lead poisoning- forthcoming.
9- never provides and evidence
emoji3581.png

10- Turns out this guy works for some raptor conservancy or the Sierra club or the center for biological diversity

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I guess I didn’t see in his posts all of what you are attributing to him.

If there is anyone who has knowledge on the subject and can expand with information, I’m all ears.

I probably shouldn't dip into this again but ---. For reference I spent most of my life in Universities ( 4 degrees and a retirement pension). The rest of it in the federal government with a lot of that in superfund projects. Do I value anything out of the government? No!! Do I respect anything out of Universities ? Again - Hell no !
A classic was when it was anounced that the kids living in Smelterville Idaho were dumber because of lead fumes from the nearby lead smelter. Two years later in a very subdued back page, it was reported that only one kid had high lead levels in his blood. Turns out he wasn't from there and had just moved in. After that in an even more back page article, that in a state wide test that those smelterville kids had higher IQs than many of the big city kids.

The bs continued with more lies and assumptions.

The best summation I think I ever heard was at lunch one day at the faculty table. The head of an engineering department said that the majority of the faculty deserved to be in either a mental hospital or prison. It was just cheaper to keep them at the University.

Now get on with your bickering.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I probably shouldn't dip into this again but ---. For reference I spent most of my life in Universities ( 4 degrees and a retirement pension). The rest of it in the federal government with a lot of that in superfund projects. Do I value anything out of the government? No!! Do I respect anything out of Universities ? Again - Hell no !
A classic was when it was anounced that the kids living in Smelterville Idaho were dumber because of lead fumes from the nearby lead smelter. Two years later in a very subdued back page, it was reported that only one kid had high lead levels in his blood. Turns out he wasn't from there and had just moved in. After that in an even more back page article, that in a state wide test that those smelterville kids had higher IQs than many of the big city kids.

The bs continued with more lies and assumptions.

The best summation I think I ever heard was at lunch one day at the faculty table. The head of an engineering department said that the majority of the faculty deserved to be in either a mental hospital or prison. It was just cheaper to keep them at the University.

Now get on with your bickering.
It’s not bickering, at least from my perspective. Lots of emotion but not much substance.

toggy

FNG
I think its hard to sift through the info. It seems that whomever puts the research out has it skewed to fit whatever opinion they have. It's one of those issues that cross the politeness and thus it gets attention from some groups that shouldn't even be involved in the decisions.

I would think that after 100s of years, especially the most recent 50 years of records, some type of conclusion should be able to be reached when it comes to a correlation between eating game meat and high lead levels.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
My kids eat a lot of venison. I switched to lead because even if their IQ dropped just a couple points (or some other consequence) from lead that was too much.

Also eagles.