The Future of Phone Digiscoping?

jjolg

FNG
Let me preface this by saying i have an older samsung smartphone and have used an old iphone 8 for my digiscoping, normally with a phoneskope adapter.

My question will digiscoping be possible in the future with phones? I recently went to look at upgrading my phone and looked in to the google pixel 4 xl and specs for the new samsung s20 phones coming and even the latest iphone 11's they all have multiple cameras on the back now. In fact some are placing as many as 5 i think on the back of phones, the technology is getting better and better, sensors bigger but will it be no longer possible to use these for digiscoping purposes? I suppose you could free hand on the camera lens that is active at that moment?

Im not the most tech savvy but this just had me wondering where things were going

HuntnID

FNG
So I have a GS9+ that I phoneskope with. It has two camera lenses. It works with the phoneskope just fine.

tdhanses

WKR
On the iPhone you can choose which lens as well in the standard camera app, just line up your adapter for the lens you’ll use.