The Glock 20 is ugly & now pointless šŸ˜

Yooper

WKR
I appreciate that Sig is trying to fill more niche demands.... But I hope this isn't a situation where you buy it, and six months later they release a Gen 2 fixing all the gripes the early buyers made :-/
For almost $900 I'm going to take the wait and see approach on this one for this very reason. I'm really hoping it's a hit.

Itā€™s very nice looking for a striker fired pistol but... If Iā€™m going to carry something that chunky Iā€™ll lug my 10mm 1911. At 33 ounces Iā€™ll have to pass. A pistol that heavy should have a hammer.

I donā€™t think this is in the same niche as the G20 or SA XDM 10mm. As ugly as it is I will (shamefully) admit I would have bought a glock if it they would change to standard rifling and a fully supported chamberā€¦ and do something about the garbage sights.

Last edited:

bobinmi

WKR
I'll stick with my Glocks, glad there are other options out there for people who don't like glocks. I picked up a few magazines last week for my 17 and cheap little OWB range holster for my G20..... At the local hardware store, and that's why I carry Glocks. Anything that anyone has ever thought of doing to a pistol and every holster made has an option for the Glocks. Walk into a small mom and pop type shop and I bet they have holsters and magazines for 1911s and Glocks. To be totally transparent I've still got a hang up with sig after being an early adopter of the 556XI, what type of company hypes a product to that level and then shit cans it and totally stops supporting the early buyers.

Stalker69

WKR
I would not call either of them good looking, but myself prefer the looks of the glock. And all of mine shoot great, and are dependable. But to each their own.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I'll stick with my G20. I don't know if it's been covered in these 7pgs, but I sure like the fact that the Glock holds the round by the extractor, making it feasible to shoot .40S&W ammo* in a factory 10mm configuration. Your move, Sig.

*not specifically endorsed by yours truly...do not try this at home, etc, etc.

Honestly happy that more manufacturers are on board w/ 10mm. The more the merrier.

MattB

WKR
The legislation does not include LEO specifically exempted- which is a ton, including six more agencies adopted in AB2699 (who knew we had so many "agencies" in CA including the lotto police, the DMV police, consumer affairs police, etc.).

The profit motive is not the issue, it is being a straw buyer. If you are LEO, do not list an off roster pistol for sale before you complete your own purchase. At least one officer in Torrance was prosecuted as a straw buyer.
"Under state law, California has an approved roster of firearms that may be sold to the public. A federal firearms licensee is required to make sure any handgun sold is on the approved roster. There is an exemption, however, for peace officers to purchase certain firearms known as ā€œoff-rosterā€ firearms. Peace officers who own off-roster firearms may sell them in a private sale, so long as it is brokered by a federal firearms licensee. They may not, however, use these private sales to conduct a business whose principal objective is livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms."

MattB

WKR
I've seen it happen in classes. Certainly not to everyone, but frequently enough that it's a well known issue in those communities.
I've never seen it happen personally, but it was mentioned by the lead instructor of a pistol-shooting class I took as an issue with that platform which they have seen.

Reactions: TFP

BjornF16

WKR
Looks good. Do the iron sights co witness bottom third? What holster are you using with it? TIA

Co witness in bottom 1/3 (if not a tad lower). Went with Ameriglo suppressor sights (AME-GL404A and AME-GST315)

Holster for vehicle carry is First Spear (Tap Rack). For backcountry hunting I'll use the Alaska Guide holster that goes on binocular case.

Co witness in bottom 1/3 (if not a tad lower). Went with Ameriglo suppressor sights (AME-GL404A and AME-GST315)

Holster for vehicle carry is First Spear (Tap Rack). For backcountry hunting I'll use the Alaska Guide holster that goes on binocular case.
Is that the Razco for the bino harness?

My local shop called me today and I was able to snag one. I was excited to take it out and stopped and shot on the way home - no cleaning etcā€¦ I thought I may be asking for it by doing that - but I wanted a worse case scenario too... but it ran an entire box 100% - no hiccups.

Initial impressions are great! If you have small to medium hands, this is the best 10mm grip out there that I have feltā€¦ I have a Glock 20, wife has a Springfield XDM 10mm and I held the new M&P a week ago. The Sig accommodated my small hands the best for sure. Trigger reach is wonderful! Trigger was really good, recoil was great and very pleasant. Accuracy was good. Definitely combat hold for sights (good sights)ā€¦ I had been shooting a 1911 earlier in the day and was low for the first mag till I adjusted. Itā€™s barrel heavy - but it helps with recoil and itā€™s not bad with a full mag. I can see why guys like the tungsten grips tho. No mag itā€™s around 1.5 oz heavier then a Glock 20. Fully loaded was about 2 oz heavier then fully loaded Glock 20.

All in all, so far itā€™s my favorite 10mm I have shotā€¦ Iā€™m gonna get out and test some hard cast soon, but the first 50 ran perfect and a few vids I have seen make it look like hard cast should be ok.

c2Skbumh.jpg

CaXhPweh.jpg

bj8L9O7h.jpg

B9qzWIqh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put ~150 rounds through it over last couple days - 120 FMJ/Range ammo and then testing about 30 hard cast from multiple different brands (Underwood 200, Buffalo Bore 220, HSM 200, and Double Tap 200).

Initial impressions:

Shooting and handling is great! Handles recoil like a champ! Even hardcast is a pleasure to shoot! Little nose heavy especially without a mag, but this really helps with muzzle rise when shooting.

Ergos are excellent - love it! It's a breath of fresh air for us tiny handed folk!

Reliability - So there are several threads/videos on youtube detailing some of this, and my experience was in line with everything I have seen/read. Basically, the interior dimensions of the magazines are a tad smaller then the Glock 20 - What this translates to is that WIDE meplate hardcast (double tap in other words) has feeding issues when the mag has more then ~10 rounds inside of it. You can look down the front of the mag, and even loading the mags, feel the resistance/spring binding on the wide hardcast. I had two FTFs with ONLY the doubletap - and this was on rounds 15 and 13 with a fully loaded mag. All other hardcast with a standard bullet nose (underwood, buffalo bore, and HSM) fed reliably - granted I didn't shoot box after box ($$$$$) but even just loading the mags, they feel better - no binding.

The magazines out of the box are TIGHT - I left one loaded for a day or two before shooting and it seemed better - the second one took a lot of effort to get 15 rounds in, and then first time using it, it FTF the 15th round. It only did this once... I'm leaving the mags fully loaded in the safe for a week or so to help break the springs in. A couple have stated (and I agree) that inserting a full mag into the gun is STIFF and then it's hard to chamber a round - one guy said after a week of leaving the mags full this was better... I agree - even with my glock and XDM, I don't like inserting a full mag into a closed chamber - just feels like it's too tight and would be hard on the mag release... all my pistols, I either load a full mag with SLIDE BACK or remove one round if I'm leaving a mag in without one chambered (14 in the glock 20 is how I roll most of the time for example). So this wasn't really news to me, it was expected - but just reporting in full honesty... I'm also the dude that loads 29 into an AR mag so.... lol

Accuracy was good - it shoots a little low for me, It came with a #6 in front and #8 in back (Sig #'s) I'm going to get a #8 in front I think as well. I didn't experience any tumbling with the BB 220 outdoorsman hardcast... they were accurate and left good holes.

FYI for any looking for holsters - fit's perfect in the Blackhawk Serpa CQC for the fullsize P320.

I'll add more comments as I think of more - if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Oh I'll add some chamber support pics for any who are curious - short story is it's better then the glock around the ramp, XDM is maybe slightly better for full support, but I don't see the sig having any issues at all...

To sum up - at this point, I'm planning on carrying this over the glock 20 with either underwood or BB hardcast this fall while archery hunting :)

~15 yard freehand group with Underwood 200:
yxnTWXeh.jpg

~15 yard freehand group with BB 220's:
7RG2yQYh.jpg

Chamber support (disregard bathroom counter pics... was trying to get good lighting lol)

L to R - SIG, Glock, XDM 10 (not elite)
G5Hyrggh.jpg

0Ysh3nOh.jpg

Zx3mL71h.jpg

SIG
vKij0noh.jpg

Glock
eaCMachh.jpg

XDM
SCtbbzlh.jpg

Last edited: