The Glock 20 is ugly & now pointless šŸ˜

Yooper

WKR
Put ~150 rounds through it over last couple days - 120 FMJ/Range ammo and then testing about 30 hard cast from multiple different brands (Underwood 200, Buffalo Bore 220, HSM 200, and Double Tap 200).

Initial impressions:

Shooting and handling is great! Handles recoil like a champ! Even hardcast is a pleasure to shoot! Little nose heavy especially without a mag, but this really helps with muzzle rise when shooting.

Ergos are excellent - love it! It's a breath of fresh air for us tiny handed folk!

Reliability - So there are several threads/videos on youtube detailing some of this, and my experience was in line with everything I have seen/read. Basically, the interior dimensions of the magazines are a tad smaller then the Glock 20 - What this translates to is that WIDE meplate hardcast (double tap in other words) has feeding issues when the mag has more then ~10 rounds inside of it. You can look down the front of the mag, and even loading the mags, feel the resistance/spring binding on the wide hardcast. I had two FTFs with ONLY the doubletap - and this was on rounds 15 and 13 with a fully loaded mag. All other hardcast with a standard bullet nose (underwood, buffalo bore, and HSM) fed reliably - granted I didn't shoot box after box ($$$$$) but even just loading the mags, they feel better - no binding.

The magazines out of the box are TIGHT - I left one loaded for a day or two before shooting and it seemed better - the second one took a lot of effort to get 15 rounds in, and then first time using it, it FTF the 15th round. It only did this once... I'm leaving the mags fully loaded in the safe for a week or so to help break the springs in. A couple have stated (and I agree) that inserting a full mag into the gun is STIFF and then it's hard to chamber a round - one guy said after a week of leaving the mags full this was better... I agree - even with my glock and XDM, I don't like inserting a full mag into a closed chamber - just feels like it's too tight and would be hard on the mag release... all my pistols, I either load a full mag with SLIDE BACK or remove one round if I'm leaving a mag in without one chambered (14 in the glock 20 is how I roll most of the time for example). So this wasn't really news to me, it was expected - but just reporting in full honesty... I'm also the dude that loads 29 into an AR mag so.... lol

Accuracy was good - it shoots a little low for me, It came with a #6 in front and #8 in back (Sig #'s) I'm going to get a #8 in front I think as well. I didn't experience any tumbling with the BB 220 outdoorsman hardcast... they were accurate and left good holes.

FYI for any looking for holsters - fit's perfect in the Blackhawk Serpa CQC for the fullsize P320.

I'll add more comments as I think of more - if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Oh I'll add some chamber support pics for any who are curious - short story is it's better then the glock around the ramp, XDM is maybe slightly better for full support, but I don't see the sig having any issues at all...

To sum up - at this point, I'm planning on carrying this over the glock 20 with either underwood or BB hardcast this fall while archery hunting :)

~15 yard freehand group with Underwood 200:
yxnTWXeh.jpg

~15 yard freehand group with BB 220's:
7RG2yQYh.jpg

Chamber support (disregard bathroom counter pics... was trying to get good lighting lol)

L to R - SIG, Glock, XDM 10 (not elite)
G5Hyrggh.jpg

0Ysh3nOh.jpg

Zx3mL71h.jpg

SIG
vKij0noh.jpg

Glock
eaCMachh.jpg

XDM
SCtbbzlh.jpg
Great feedback, thank you. I just got the call from my FFL yesterday that mine arrived. Headed over there today to pick it up on the way home. Can't wait to get some rounds through it.

Great feedback, thank you. I just got the call from my FFL yesterday that mine arrived. Headed over there today to pick it up on the way home. Can't wait to get some rounds through it.
Congrats! Report back once you have/shoot it!

I ordered a couple boxes of Underwood (200) and Buffalo Bore(220)... I will run 2 boxes of exclusively hard cast through it in the next couple weeks and report back... if it does well with this test, my glock 20 will likely be up on the market.

Yooper

WKR
Finally got a chance to spend some range time with the new XTen yesterday. Ran 150 rounds of 180gr Blazer FMJ's through it. One failure on a return to battery on a new round in maybe the third magazine and after that it ran flawlessly. I'll still run it hard for at least another couple hundred rounds but early indication that it'll replace my G20 by this fall. I did add a Go Gun Gas Pedal right out of the box and I'm extremely impressed with that little upgrade as well.

I had to look up the go gun gas pedal. Any worries about that getting hung up on the holster?

Yooper

WKR
I had to look up the go gun gas pedal. Any worries about that getting hung up on the holster?
I picked up another Kenai chest holster shell for the XTen. It fits as is for now, but I intend on doing a little thermal reshaping with a heat gun soon. There's already a groove formed in the kydex for the stock takedown lever for draw so I'm hoping that will just continue to ride that channel after I re-mold. I'll report back if there's any issues.