The go to tree saddle

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy fellas,

I am looking for what your go to tree saddle is.

I had an arc hunting for a while but it cut the blood flow to where my legs and glutes would go to sleep. Not a great situation.

Looking for ideas on what is a more comfortable set up with good adjustments.

I am 5'10" 185 lbs of athletic build.

Lowg08

WKR
I had a phantom and it was horrible because of my build. I went with a menace and it was a major upgrade in comfort

I have tethrd phantom and i couldn’t imagine it working on anyone larger than me. Im 5-10 and 145 lbs. its comfortable and may work for you depending on where the bulk of your weight is stored if that makes sense…

Lowg08

WKR
I have tethrd phantom and i couldn’t imagine it working on anyone larger than me. Im 5-10 and 145 lbs. its comfortable and may work for you depending on where the bulk of your weight is stored if that makes sense…
I’m 6’2” 225 and stocky built and the phantom was like putting my butt in a vice when leaning in it. If your any kind of full figured. Lol. Have a but it’s muscled up legs. The phantom will be uncomfortable

SIR_34:16

FNG
I'm about your size (5'9" 180 lb). I have a Cruzr Archon and it's got a lot of adjustment to get a comfortable fit. I haven't done any all day sits yet, but it's been comfortable during practice and for the couple hour sits I've done so far.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I switched the the latitude classic 2 this year and it has been great so far. I hunted 2 1/2 seasons out of an aerohunter but like the latitude a lot more.

I started on a Hawk Helium saddle, which was a nice starting point. I’m using Dryad Drey now, and it’s incredible! I can’t even describe how awesome the hammock-saddle is to sit in.

I have a phantom.. I am looking at these others one people are talking about…. How are they any different. They look the same?

ejm3

FNG
I'm 6', 210 lbs and bought a Latitude Method 2 this year. Tried their one piece (Classic) and the two piece (Method 2) at the TAC event at Boyne Mountain, MI and preferred the two piece setup. I've done about six sits with it so far this season and am very happy with it, one of them being just under 8 hours in the tree. There is a bit of a learning curve with tether height and where to adjust the prusik knots on the bridge and how those effect pressure points, but overall I'm super happy with my setup.

Im 6’5” 225 and use a Tethrd Pantom with no issues. I used to weigh about 250/260 and it was still fine. I do kind of have assatall disease so maybe thats why it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switched from the Tethrd Phantom to a Latitude method 2 and couldn’t be happier. I feel the two panel saddle is much more comfortable.

KHNC

WKR
The Phantom is terrible. Im 5-10 190 and athletic build. The phantom had a ton of hip pinch. It was ok as long as you were leaning. Sitting was miserable. Sold it right away. I have used a Guidos Web since 2011. It is now the JX3. I have a Cruzr XC ordered. Hoping it fits the bill! Reviews from everyone on it are great.

OP
R

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
well dang lots of support for the cruzr. Might be the ticket. Thanks to everyone for their input