The go to tree saddle

KMSbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy fellas,

I am looking for what your go to tree saddle is.

I had an arc hunting for a while but it cut the blood flow to where my legs and glutes would go to sleep. Not a great situation.

Looking for ideas on what is a more comfortable set up with good adjustments.

I am 5'10" 185 lbs of athletic build.
I am 6’1” and 210lbs. The Phantom is super comfortable for me for up to 5-6 hours at a time. I previously owned one of the original Trophyline tree saddles, and the upgrade in comfort provided by the Phantom was tremendous. Plus it is much lighter and more compact. Very pleased with the Phantom.

JGross1

FNG
I guess I am an oddball when it comes to the Phantom. I'm 5'11 240 pounds (beer drinker build) and haven't had a problem with it. I have sat all day in complete comfort. The strap for back support is a must however.

merten04

FNG
Currently have the Tethrd Phantom. I like it but and curious about the Latitude methods 2

rj2

WKR
From my reading over the last year or 2, I think the cruzr xc is the best all around saddle. Don't see hardly any comfort complaints and not many for sale. Many people who've compared multiples saddles ranks the cruzr pretty high

tmrsh

FNG
I run the OG Phantom. 6'1, 190#. Perfectly fine for all day sits. Fits me great. As others mentioned, there are many fine saddles on the market now. Are there more "comfortable" saddles than the Phantom? Probably. Admittedly I've only run the Phantom and it's held up well for two years of pretty heavy use. I think it'll last a lifetime.

Saddles come down to personal preference. Two-panel saddles (i.e. Latitude Method 2) probably provide the ultimate comfort. Just about all new-model US-produced saddles are excellent. I'd stay away from foreign-made saddles (i.e. Hawk, Tethrd ESS/Menace).

jdvanstar

WKR
Howdy fellas,

I am looking for what your go to tree saddle is.

I had an arc hunting for a while but it cut the blood flow to where my legs and glutes would go to sleep. Not a great situation.

Looking for ideas on what is a more comfortable set up with good adjustments.

I am 5'10" 185 lbs of athletic build.
Trophyline Covert 100%

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
had 3 diff saddles past 8 years. The last 3 years, been using Aerohunter Kestrel Flex, since discontinued. Aerohunter will often update their saddle selection and quickly DQ's past models.

Made in Oregon-USA! By a company in the tree climbing/arborist industry.
No overseas (China, Vietnam) manufacturing quality-inequities to gamble on with Aerohunter brand.

For my limited use out west, I will not be changing from their Kestrel Flex, It's great.
but has a downside. A bit heavy compared to today's saddles. It's overbuilt, emphasis quality & safety.
For me 6-2"/215-lbs, their size-2 is comfortable, fits well, ez 2 adjust, fast on/off over hunting clothes.

check a couple saddle hunter forums classifieds. Many saddles out there for sale.

I am running the Aero kite and I really dig it. Its an older model that is about three years old. I added a webbing bridge but other than that its stock. I will stick with Aero for comfort and durability. I don't treat my saddle very nice and it looks brand new.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6-3, 225, and love my phantom. Upgraded from a trophyline for the adjustable features the trophyline lacked.

jgilber5

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the Tethrd Phantom, it's my first saddle platform but i've gotten alot of use out of it. 6'2 175, fits awesome and you can hike for miles and forget youre wearing it

Buster588

FNG
I hunted out of a Guido’s web for 5 or 6 years before I tried a true saddle. The first being a Aero hunter Kestrel flex, then I purchased a Cruzr XC followed by an Aero hunter Merlin and most recently an Aero Hunter Shrike. The Shrike is by far and away my favorite and in my opinion the most comfortable. I would personally rank them 1. Shrike. 2. Merlin. 3. Cruzr XC. 4. Kestrel Flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly_Hangin

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on your hunting style, i recommend the JX3 for a myriad of reasons, mainly all day comfort. I have to fight to stay awake lol. The only reason im not exclusively using it is most places i hunt, dragging is brutal and no option for ATV or truck to drive up to it.

Im 5'9" 190#, big gerthin hips make a difference, most saddles arent ideal because the sharper angle coming off the bridge causes more hip pinch.
The recon sling is my favorite "minimalist"saddle ive tried, two panel is comfortable. Latitude method is a good one as well.
I helped host a Tetherd tech n train and got to try all of them. The mantis and phantom were my least favorite, theyre glorified sit drags from the days before tethrd. Thats how they got started.
Ess was nice, but the recon gets the nod because the straps are much less floppy and have less play when not under tension. Also much better price point.
The menace was my fav tethrd option.

If i was going to make a recommendation, id point you to the dryad drey. That hammock design is based on the old diy fleece saddles, which were uber comfy.

Or make a diy fleece saddle to pair with your current setup. I made one this year and it distributes your weight all along the material, rather than just in the straps. Plus it breaks the wind. If youre mostly in warmer climate you can use hammock material, super simple to diy.

Tons of info on saddlehunter.com.