The gun community and parler app.

Someone explain to me how much of a future we have if we continue to let things like this happen. "It won't happen to rokslide". It's only a matter of time. The censorship of people and enthusiasts like us is at an unprecedented level.
To anyone who doesn't know, many people and companies on the gun and shooting community moved away from apps like youtube, instagram to an app called parler, who was 2a friendly. Google literally just ended them.

Rob5589

WKR
Already being discussed:

ODB

WKR
Just remember. The slippery slope doesn’t exist - it’s all in your mind...or so they say...

wyosam

WKR
The ending of Parler had nothing to do with 2a, and everything to do with the spreading of misinformation and planning events like what happened at the capitol. The same stuff that got many of the people that made the move to Parler kicked off other platforms was still considered to be dangerous. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ending of Parler had nothing to do with 2a, and everything to do with the spreading of misinformation and planning events like what happened at the capitol. The same stuff that got many of the people that made the move to Parler kicked off other platforms was still considered to be dangerous. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve tried for 2 hours not to reply to this......but me being me, I just can’t let it go. I’m not defending Parler. Never even been on it. But all the other “domestic terrorizim” and nonsense that took place all summer long.....where do you think those people communicated? Facebook and Twitter. So, how is that any different or acceptable? Oh wait, I know....it’s the left and it’s ok. Nancy even said so herself.

I’m not defending what took place at the capital. If “we” act like them and do the same lawless shit, that’s makes us just as low and sorry as “them”. However, I think it does show a significant difference in what the “extreme right” can accomplish vs what the “extreme left” can accomplish when “they” decide to take some action. The left smashes windows, harasses innocent people, and burns local businesses. The right took over the damn capital......in very little time. With no firepower.

Just sayin......Nobody was too worried when the snowflakes were restless and upset all summer. The right got pissed off and it scared the shit out of a lot of folks.

Last edited:
I’ve tried for 2 hours not to reply to this......but me being me, I just can’t let it go. I’m not defending Parler. Never even been on it. But all the other “domestic terrorizim” and nonsense that took place all summer long.....where do you think those people communicated? Facebook and Twitter. So, how is that any different or acceptable? Oh wait, I know....it’s the left and it’s ok. Nancy even said so herself.

It's a fair point and one that I overlook. I'm ashamed of fellow 2a supporters when I see stuff like happened on the 6th and understand why people don't want them spewing such nonsense on their platforms. At the same time i just expect people to let leftist craze go unimpeded. It shouldn't be that way.

I’m not defending what took place at the capital. If “we” act like them and do the same lawless shit, that’s makes us just as low and sorry as “them”. However, I think it does show a significant difference in what the “extreme right” can accomplish vs what the “extreme left” can accomplish when “they” decide to take some action. The left smashes windows harasses innocent people, and burns local businesses. The right took over the damn capital......in very little time. With no firepower.

I sure hope we don't get in a R's vs D's competition to see who can riot the most impressively

Just sayin......Nobody was too worried when the snowflakes were restless and upset all summer. The right got pissed off and it scared the shit out of a lot of folks.

I just hope that the right doesn't keep scaring people over lies about a fraudulent election. It's one thing to be afraid of your armed population because they will resist tyranny. I don't think it bodes well for our continued rights to be armed if the country has to be scared every time enough people in the gun community buy into some BS conspiracy theory.

To add - the thought of having different social media platforms, big tech, and financial institutions based on your political identity is terrifying to me. As if the existing media doesn't polarize and turn us against each other enough. The last thing we need is more echo chambers catering to political identity.

wyosam

WKR

I’m not defending what took place at the capital. If “we” act like them and do the same lawless shit, that’s makes us just as low and sorry as “them”. However, I think it does show a significant difference in what the “extreme right” can accomplish vs what the “extreme left” can accomplish when “they” decide to take some action. The left smashes windows, harasses innocent people, and burns local businesses. The right took over the damn capital......in very little time. With no firepower.

I agree to a point. My biggest point was that it wasn’t related to second amendment. There is certainly some planning that goes on via facebook and twitter, as well as “left” misinformation. I think the misinformation was the bigger issue. My “friend” group on FB is probably 70% democrat, the rest republican. Very few post left biased outright non-sense. Until most left and went to Parler a while back my feed was full of every non-sensical meme and hate-filled diatribe devoid of facts imaginable.

I think social media is a big contributor to the death spiral our country is in. Mob mentality and an easy platform to be a jerk without consequence leads to the division we are seeing. The vast majority of people would never say in person the hate they spew on the internet.

Either way, when protest turns to damaging property or violence people need to be held accountable, and that isn’t happening for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T28w

WKR
I’ve tried for 2 hours not to reply to this......but me being me, I just can’t let it go. I’m not defending Parler. Never even been on it. But all the other “domestic terrorizim” and nonsense that took place all summer long.....where do you think those people communicated? Facebook and Twitter. So, how is that any different or acceptable? Oh wait, I know....it’s the left and it’s ok. Nancy even said so herself

It was way more folks than just Nancy saying it was fine. Of course they were all democrats. The hypocrisy is beyond words.

To add - the thought of having different social media platforms, big tech, and financial institutions based on your political identity is terrifying to me. As if the existing media doesn't polarize and turn us against each other enough. The last thing we need is more echo chambers catering to political identity.

Exactly how I feel. I tried Parler for all of about 10 minutes. It was Republican Twitter to me. No problems with Republicans or with Twitter, but I don't need an app for that.

Laramie

WKR
I think there are many apps, forums, and news sites treading very carefully right now. People need to use their heads right now and realize that anything and everything being posted publicly is being watched very closely by bots searching for keywords.

11boo

WKR
Most of the violent riots have been coordinated on some sort of social media.

I sure hope we don't get in a R's vs D's competition to see who can riot the most impressively.

The D’s win the best riot competition for sure, but they have been practicing for years.

FD6BFFD0-C706-4CAF-80AB-596F613867B1.png

Okhotnik

WKR
lol. you should try stand up comedy when the deadly Covid virus is over.

Parler got removed because big tech is powerful and Democrat as hell, no more, no less. They were up against a hugely profitable and motivated oligarchy.

But they also got beat due to poor engineering tactics and planning. Parler did not use distributed vendor architectures to reduce exposure.

What happened on Jan-6 was not the root cause, sorry to say.

I agree to a point. My biggest point was that it wasn’t related to second amendment. There is certainly some planning that goes on via facebook and twitter, as well as “left” misinformation. I think the misinformation was the bigger issue. My “friend” group on FB is probably 70% democrat, the rest republican. Very few post left biased outright non-sense. Until most left and went to Parler a while back my feed was full of every non-sensical meme and hate-filled diatribe devoid of facts imaginable.

I think social media is a big contributor to the death spiral our country is in. Mob mentality and an easy platform to be a jerk without consequence leads to the division we are seeing. The vast majority of people would never say in person the hate they spew on the internet.

Either way, when protest turns to damaging property or violence people need to be held accountable, and that isn’t happening for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well said. The internet has eliminated filters. The nastiness is everywhere. Folks need to go back to civility or else we risk burning down our society. Healthy debate is a good thing; especially if based on valid research prior to the debate. Very little of that going on in the era we live in.