The gun community and parler app.

Parler started off as a place where "conservative ideas could be discussed". It morphed into another political forum with a lot of bickering back and forth, and then things escalated from there.

I have no doubt that it received a lot of registrations and new members supporting radical agenda's. I know because I saw it happen.

There began to be a lot of vile discourse and I had not been on it for awhile and then the "thing" happened at the capitol building.

I would love to hear why a lefty thinks nobody should have a particular type of firearm that can be had without special permitting other than "because, you don't need X"...

I suppose if owning an AR15 caused cancer, obesity, heart disease, or any other ailment I would understand their viewpoint...

satchamo

WKR
Well - did you really think voting in the most polarizing and divisive president in the history of our country would go without consequences?

CoHiCntry

WKR
Yes, makes sense.
This is a pretty good write up of what was going on with Parler and AWS. AWS has first amendment rights of association as well, and shouldn't be faulted for not wanting to host violent content.

Yes, it does make sense... IF that's what was happening on Parler? I have no idea, haven't spent any time on it before it was pulled. Now I just wish the same standard was upheld across the board. It obviously isn't...

There is ongoing communication about conservative concentration camps, BLM riot planning and approaches, and calls for the destruction of American institutions, physical structures, and its citizens.

It is happening right now across all communication systems, all platforms, all mediums.

Parler was targeted and removed due to its political leanings.

It has nothing to do with planning, discussion of, or actual violence. Those were the PR reasons.

OP
lyle_destroys
If you have not noticed that news media companies, social media companies, utube and all similar companies are pro left and anti conservative in their content/rules your dead from the neck up.
There's a lot of talk on here justifying the reason behind censorship, it's still censorship. That's no different than justifying a reason behind gun control. I don't care how radical someone's ideas sound, the 1st amendment is supposed to protect those ideas. Without the ability to spread information that Britain considered radical, and without the weaponry to put those ideas into practice we never would have become a sovereign nation.

Broomd

WKR
This is a pretty good write up of what was going on with Parler and AWS. AWS has first amendment rights of association as well, and shouldn't be faulted for not wanting to host violent content.

Complete and utter horsechit. Amazon, Twitter, Youtube, Google are purveyors of every level of filth and hate. As usual their hypocrisy in on full display. Dorsey = Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda.

On a practical level, some fellas here have a real conundrum on their hands going forward. They either change or modify their thinking (horrors!) or continue to be an increasingly ironic part of the problem. I don't see that happening, you can take the kid outta KailifoЯnia, but you can't take KalifoЯnia outta the kid.
No dis meant to many of our solid CA friends.

This isn't about politics...it's about freedom from tyranny and God-given personal liberty.
That last phrase is a non-starter and inconceivable to many right from the start and...... they get triggered by it, just like the hypocritical elites at Twitter.

I'm not on Parler, but I WILL BE if/when I can. For freedom's sake.

Lou Sid

FNG
There's a lot of talk on here justifying the reason behind censorship, it's still censorship. That's no different than justifying a reason behind gun control. I don't care how radical someone's ideas sound, the 1st amendment is supposed to protect those ideas. Without the ability to spread information that Britain considered radical, and without the weaponry to put those ideas into practice we never would have become a sovereign nation.
Until those ideas threaten to "send our democracy into a death spiral" - Mitch McConnell

Lou Sid

FNG
Complete and utter horsechit. Amazon, Twitter, Youtube, Google are purveyors of every level of filth and hate. As usual their hypocrisy in on full display. Dorsey = Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda.

On a practical level, some fellas here have a real conundrum on their hands going forward. They either change or modify their thinking (horrors!) or continue to be an increasingly ironic part of the problem. I don't see that happening, you can take the kid outta KailifoЯnia, but you can't take KalifoЯnia outta the kid.
No dis meant to many of our solid CA friends.

This isn't about politics...it's about freedom from tyranny and God-given personal liberty.
That last phrase is a non-starter and inconceivable to many right from the start and...... they get triggered by it, just like the hypocritical elites at Twitter.

I'm not on Parler, but I WILL BE if/when I can. For freedom's sake.
Coming from the guy that said this guy is antifa lol

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 42
OP
lyle_destroys
Until those ideas threaten to "send our democracy into a death spiral" - Mitch McConnell
First of all we don't have a democracy, we have a constitutional republic, but I wouldn't expect a big government statist like McConnell to know the difference. Second of all, look around you, is this how a legitimate federal government operates? Take a minute to review the last "stimulus" bill. Almost 5600 pages filled with lobbyist bills sending money all over the world. The left wouldn't believe trump legitimately won, now the right is doing the same with biden. When does the death spiral start?

Broomd

WKR
Coming from the guy that said this guy is antifa lol
Yep. Mea Culpa.
That was easy wasn't it?
Hey, if you're looking for infallibility you've came to the wrong guy. I was simply sharing the consensus on that guy at that time.
The truth is that ANTIFA was there right alongside the right wing folks going apesh t.

That's the thing about some of us, we're willing to concede a mistake or wrongdoing from our side of things.
The other side would rather bathe in hypocrisy and hate than implicate their own nutjobs.
Example? THE ENTIRE FARKING SUMMER.
1610760668834.png

Lou Sid

FNG
Yep. Mea Culpa.
That was easy wasn't it?
Hey, if you're looking for infallibility you've came to the wrong guy. I was simply sharing the consensus on that guy at that time.
The truth is that ANTIFA was there right alongside the right wing folks going apesh t.

That's the thing about some of us, we're willing to concede a mistake or wrongdoing from our side of things.
The other side would rather bathe in hypocrisy and hate than implicate their own nutjobs.
Example? THE ENTIRE FARKING SUMMER.
View attachment 253160
Those summer riots were terrible and yes more physically destructive. Those crazies were burning and looting their own neighborhoods. I just think trying to overturn the election is worse. If the person with the most votes doesn't win, then what is the point of voting? Also, those capital rioters were just doing what they thought was best. They think trump won. Hard to blame them. People to blame are those that spread lies. Now we have seen the effects of what years of lies from people in power can have.

Lou Sid

FNG
First of all we don't have a democracy, we have a constitutional republic, but I wouldn't expect a big government statist like McConnell to know the difference. Second of all, look around you, is this how a legitimate federal government operates? Take a minute to review the last "stimulus" bill. Almost 5600 pages filled with lobbyist bills sending money all over the world. The left wouldn't believe trump legitimately won, now the right is doing the same with biden. When does the death spiral start?
If congress would have voted to make trump president, then it would have started. It was averted. Sad is the day when 1/3 or more of our country doesn't believe in the election results.

carter33

WKR
If congress would have voted to make trump president, then it would have started. It was averted. Sad is the day when 1/3 or more of our country doesn't believe in the election results.

You mentioned above that the people to be held responsible were those spreading, in your opinion, lies. I would agree if it was proven that election fraud was a lie and they were intentionally misinforming the public. I personally don’t know wether fraud occurred or not, all I know is one side claims no fraud occurred and the other claims egregious fraud occurred. Both have used politicized media outlets to convince populations of both. It leaves many who try to see both sides struggling to interpret what really occurred. I try to be in the middle.

That being said I increasingly see the democrats with CNN claiming x,y and z are facts when they really are not. They are debated and incredibly complex situations. Each state is responsible for it’s elections. I find it hard to believe that any one person could claim zero fraud happened with credibility even if that is the case, yet here we are with that being stated as a fact. Then AOC comes out pandering an agency to regulate the spread of misinformation. Call this a leap if you will but sounds an awful lot like state run media to me.

I’m frustrated by what’s going on and extremely concerned for our rights moving forward. Undoubtedly anyone can see my slant but at this point I too feel like a puppet of the media. We all take a side but what is it really based off of other than what we hear from one media outlet or another or off the little policy and action taken by our elected leaders. I was never a trump supporter but I sure as hell voted for him because if I waded through his embarrassing use of Twitter and all the press his actual policy aligned with my beliefs more so than his democrat opposition.

Lou Sid

FNG
You mentioned above that the people to be held responsible were those spreading, in your opinion, lies. I would agree if it was proven that election fraud was a lie and they were intentionally misinforming the public. I personally don’t know wether fraud occurred or not, all I know is one side claims no fraud occurred and the other claims egregious fraud occurred. Both have used politicized media outlets to convince populations of both. It leaves many who try to see both sides struggling to interpret what really occurred. I try to be in the middle.

That being said I increasingly see the democrats with CNN claiming x,y and z are facts when they really are not. They are debated and incredibly complex situations. Each state is responsible for it’s elections. I find it hard to believe that any one person could claim zero fraud happened with credibility even if that is the case, yet here we are with that being stated as a fact. Then AOC comes out pandering an agency to regulate the spread of misinformation. Call this a leap if you will but sounds an awful lot like state run media to me.

I’m frustrated by what’s going on and extremely concerned for our rights moving forward. Undoubtedly anyone can see my slant but at this point I too feel like a puppet of the media. We all take a side but what is it really based off of other than what we hear from one media outlet or another or off the little policy and action taken by our elected leaders. I was never a trump supporter but I sure as hell voted for him because if I waded through his embarrassing use of Twitter and all the press his actual policy aligned with my beliefs more so than his democrat opposition.
It is scary when there is no such thing as a simple credible news outlet that everyone can turn to for news. Damnit ron burgundy f'd us all lol! In all seriousness it is pretty crazy. Strange times. Gotta watch all the networks and figure ot out for yourself.