The gun community and parler app.

All good things can be used for the wrong reasons.

Interent and social media allows sharing information in ways never possible before. Used inappropriately is detrimental to society.

I think the dems are in for a few disappointments the next two years. What they are, I don't know. I don't don't think things will be easy street for them to slide everything and anything through. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Holds true in physics and human behavior.

I imagine our great moderators are already far down the road on this but: it would be good to identify a way way to host the forum on servers where it is not susceptible to being de-platformed. Or at least much less susceptible. Might cost us users a little to help make that happen. I for one would be willing as I value this community greatly.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Right because he wasn’t the most divisive, polarizing president in history. Thanks for making my point
He absolutely was. Thanks for confirming mine. How do you think Trump was elected in the first place? The idiocy of the left is always refreshing when it's on full display.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
lyle_destroys
All good things can be used for the wrong reasons.

Interent and social media allows sharing information in ways never possible before. Used inappropriately is detrimental to society.

I think the dems are in for a few disappointments the next two years. What they are, I don't know. I don't don't think things will be easy street for them to slide everything and anything through. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Holds true in physics and human behavior.
So you're saying that free speech used in the wrong way is detrimental? Should it be regulated? By who? The same thing goes for the second amendment?

So you're saying that free speech used in the wrong way is detrimental? Should it be regulated? By who? The same thing goes for the second amendment?

That a rhetorical question or are you actually wanting an answer?

The answer is obvious, free speech used by some this past year is a prime example of what happens when used inappropriately. Shouting the word bomb in a crowded airport terminal because you think it's funny is another example.

Free speech used to sway the way of thinking that causes the moral decay and breakdown of society while those who influence to gain political "power" is when free speech is used for the wrong reasons.

Who should regulate it? Mature and honest citizens should do the policing if feee speech, not worthless deadweight loss politicians.

2A? Same thing there. The only thing gov't has done for us lately is cause the moral decay of society and the rift we now see, all in an attempt to seek gain and power over the very people dumb enough to keep sending them into office...

Jo83ben

FNG
Parlor was shut down after continuing to allow specific threats and calls for violence against people and organizations. Amazon asked them to address and remove these threats as they one...violated their terms of service for using their servers, and two...are likely illegal given the nature of some of these threats. They failed to act of these and so they were shut down.
Freedom of speech doesn’t cover making threats to murder and/or blow up buildings. People can whine and bitch all they want about politics etc etc, it’s the threats of violence which are not and should not be tolerated. They should also be looking into calls for violence and rioting on the other side, but this isn’t a one side case the other issue. If you’re doing some illegal, crying that the other side did it too doesn’t make you right. Just makes you both wrong. Social media as a whole has been positive in some ways, but has also allowed massive spread of bullshit information, crazy ass conspiracy theories, anti-vax bullshit and flat earthers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk