The Hobbit Rifle

that's a sweet little rifle! it's refreshing to see kids being raised this way too, what a cool way to grow up!

i'm following a similar concept with my savage ultralite in the hipster magnum/gender bender/6.5 creed... whatever of the many nicknames, i like it and everyone can shoot it. i'm putting mine in an xlr magnesium element 4.0 so i can fit it to most

ahlgringo

WKR
Awesome write up and idea. I have been thinking of putting something like this together for my two girls. Question though- why did you end up piecing together the stock assembly rather than just getting a commercially available such as below? weight? quality? Thanks

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome write up and idea. I have been thinking of putting something like this together for my two girls. Question though- why did you end up piecing together the stock assembly rather than just getting a commercially available such as below? weight? quality? Thanks

Weight. I’m rusty on the numbers but I think our setup is a 1lb lighter than the Choate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in process of working a deal on a TC encore with 30-06 and .50 ML barrel. Can’t wait for the end product

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
I just realized that grip is plastic. Have you experienced any durability issues? Seems like the pic rail would be the weak point.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just realized that grip is plastic. Have you experienced any durability issues? Seems like the pic rail would be the week point.

Zero issues so far and I’ve beat the snot out of it.

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
That’s good to hear. Just based on pics in this thread I prefer that setup to choate setup.

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t brought myself to redo the stock yet to a folder but currently getting it threaded for a can. Both rifles 18” so can see the benefit. Should have a suppressed encore same length as my non suppressed bolt rifle.

6a4ea44ca81d6b98a21b15495999429d.jpg

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
Would someone be willing to weigh the grip/stock combo? My rig is a little heavier than I anticipated. I know some of that is the barrel but wondering how many ounces, if any, will be shed or gained by the hobbit stock.

The factory butt stock is 19.2 ozs according to my kitchen scale.

Last edited: