The Hobbit Rifle

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious.... do you find that the bipod affects point of impact? I'm not really familiar with how the forend attaches on a TC. Is it floated or firmly bolted to the barrel?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious.... do you find that the bipod affects point of impact? I'm not really familiar with how the forend attaches on a TC. Is it floated or firmly bolted to the barrel?

Forend is bolted straight to the barrel. Haven’t seen any difference in POI with/without the bipod. My opinion (obviously) but the actual effects are blown out of proportion. 1k yard gun I could buy that, 5-600 yards I guess I’d need to see it to believe it.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Cool... thanks! I'm definitely thinking about building something similar if I can source parts here in Canada. It's definately a very practical idea for the purposes you have described.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hungry little Hobbit Rifle from 350 yards. Nephews first ram. Couldn’t have happened for a more deserving young man.

c7c8695d4dc04de4c5c7cc56379b7d2c.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
623fa6077c7b74729db960cfee1fcd55.jpg

66dfa38ca4aeb5ddbf6ed2c5a1d98c03.jpg

7ce7b38a3cf4c704588afbf43bf7b1bc.jpg

These are a few of my (new) favorite things!! These little things are FUN to shoot. I built this with full intentions of it being my son’s gun....I may have to find another encore action...

Thanks a lot, Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick with me buddy, I’ll turn a billionaire into a millionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
I need one of those. OK, I want one of those.

So, is the barrel chambered by MGM?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need one of those. OK, I want one of those.

So, is the barrel chambered by MGM?
Sorry, just now saw this. MGM does all of their own barrel work to include chambering.

This is cool and I will probably have to build one for the kiddos when they get a little closer to hunting age. Looks like Midwest Industries makes a picatinny folding tube attachment too that would simplify some of the adapters to tubes and castle nuts.

Have you found any alternatives to the overmoulded forend? Something with mlok slots?

Last edited:

slick

WKR
Curious on the forend question above.

As well as, how do you think those carbon fiber buttstocks from XLR would or would not compliment these builds?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious on the forend question above.

As well as, how do you think those carbon fiber buttstocks from XLR would or would not compliment these builds?
For being able to change LOP at the press of a button that’s why I went the way I did. For someone who doesn’t need LOP to change as quickly I think there’s some lighter options out there.