The Hunters Orange Epidemic

BuzzH

WKR
It doesn’t but it’s my choice, that’s the fundamental difference. One is the government compelling an activity that hurts no one but the individual and one is leaving people free to choose. Stupid nanny-laws like making people wear orange are fundamentally un-American.
The government isn't compelling you to hunt...only requiring you to wear orange if you choose to partake. Show them who's boss...don't hunt and you won't have to be "forced" to wear orange. Simple solution.

The government isn't compelling you to hunt...only requiring you to wear orange if you choose to partake. Show them who's boss...don't hunt and you won't have to be "forced" to wear orange. Simple solution.

That’s thpl

I hope you remember that logic when you’re compelled to do something else against your will at the end of the government’s gun barrel.

JohnnyB

WKR
One thing that is certain is that regulation and laws can not change anything without personal responsibility and accountability. It would be great to live in a reality that laws and regulations are what make people do the right thing, but that is the biggest Fantasyland.

BuzzH

WKR
That’s thpl

I hope you remember that logic when you’re compelled to do something else against your will at the end of the government’s gun barrel.
I had a .gov gun barrel to my head when I bought my orange vest...it was horrible. Luckily I found a spot to park in the sporting goods parking lot, what, with all those black helicopters taking up the spaces. The guys wearing the jack boots inside didn't even step on my toes.

How DOES wearing orange affect YOU?

Living in Ca, I am not required to wear orange, thank God. I have plenty of people try to follow me into my honeyholes. Frankly, I go out of my way to hunt areas that are away from people. Here in Ca, that is difficult, here in So cal, all but impossible. I simply do not need to make myself and easy target to follow. The only times her in Ca that I had any safety issues was when I had worn orange, decades ago.

I simply get aways from the crowds and in general put myself in areas that have much much more serious hunters along with much fewer hunters. The only needs for wearing orange is for safety from the irresponsible, and for when a person is in trouble and is in need of being located. The latter is very very easily resolved with appropriate communication devices. The first unfortunately will always exist.

I had a .gov gun barrel to my head when I bought my orange vest...it was horrible. Luckily I found a spot to park in the sporting goods parking lot, what, with all those black helicopters taking up the spaces. The guys wearing the jack boots inside didn't even step on my toes.

All laws are essentially enforced by the threat of violence. Don’t pay your tickets, get a warrant, then see who shows up to your house and what they’re carrying to force your compliance. Call me crazy if I don’t think it’s the government place to enforce what color of clothing I wear. It’s an insane abuse of power and I’m sorry that you have a slave-mentality and can’t see that. “Ole Massa says we have to wear these here orange vests so da other slaves don’t accidentally does us harm.”

BuzzH

WKR
All laws are essentially enforced by the threat of violence. Don’t pay your tickets, get a warrant, then see who shows up to your house and what they’re carrying to force your compliance. Call me crazy if I don’t think it’s the government place to enforce what color of clothing I wear. It’s an insane abuse of power and I’m sorry that you have a slave-mentality and can’t see that. “Ole Massa says we have to wear these here orange vests so da other slaves don’t accidentally does us harm.”
Don't get a ticket to start with and you won't get a warrant for your arrest...simple.

16Bore

WKR
I wonder if they make blaze orange tinfoil?

I reckon it’s good to know the amount of faith some of you put into fellow hunters. I mean hell, all the newbies jacked on Instagram could be in blaze orange head to toe and would still scare the shit outta me.

But at least I’d know where they are.

Seriously, I don’t think a lot of people have ever hunted timber before.

Billinsd

WKR
Hunter

I reckon it’s good to know the amount of faith some of you put into fellow hunters. I mean hell, all the newbies jacked on Instagram could be in blaze orange head to toe and would still scare the shit outta me.

You don't get it. It's as simple as do you prefer to make your own choices regarding safety or prefer the government to. Some laws and regulations make sense, some don't. I'll take it another step. Ok, wearing orange is a good idea safety wise to me. How much orange should we have to wear? I think a cap is good enough. If you like blaze orange laws, you probably like seatbelts laws and motorcycle helmet laws. It's not that seatbelts or helmets are a bad idea, some of us don't want to be forced to do it. Cheers.

Billinsd

WKR
What hunting is most dangerous? Turkey hunting I believe. Is orange required anywhere for Turkey hunting? Yes, it is kinda different, turkeys can see color.

There’s nothing “tinfoil” about having a broader understanding of laws and how they’re enforced, the role of government in our lives and why people choose to be compliant or not. I guess some of us believe in freedom a little more than others. I’m perfectly fine with having a less “secure” life if it means I’m more empowered to make decisions for myself. But, get why some people don’t; just like a lot of slaves and their masters thought slaves were better off on the plantation, as opposed to being free where they’d have to make impactful decisions and survive of their own volition. A lot of people thought slaves were better off doing the labor while the ruling class doled out necessities as they see fit: food, shelter, healthcare, SECURITY (read: blaze orange vests) as they saw fit.
Sure, just advocate for the government (Massa) make every decision for you because you’re too dumb to make them for yourself as a FREE American.

But at least I’d know where

Billinsd

WKR
You and me have a completely different opinion. And we both have a right to our opinion.

Billinsd

WKR
The creed of the orange should be mandatory is “ just one more law , just one more regulation , just one more tax and Utopia will be achieved.
What about regulating how faded it can be? How about only being able to buy approved blaze orange? How about regulating blaze orange, what is standard blaze orange exactly and how can it be enforced to be that true color or can the color be off a bit and if so, how much?