The Hunters Orange Epidemic

You and me have a completely different opinion. And we both have a right to our opinion.

The difference is that I want people to be free and you do not. I believe you have the right to your opinion, but exercising it is an exercise in tyranny, albeit slight. But, in principle, what you’re advocating for is government tyranny, no matter how insignificant it seems. Kim Jung Un has a right to his opinion and well, but that doesn’t mean I believe he has a right to impose it on others.

mt100gr.

WKR
Gol' dang, this is entertaining. I guess I have never given MT Fish and Duck such credit as actually being a Big Govt entity. Mostly loon squeezers and trout sniffers around here.

I respect the wardens and I know any LE work is difficult given the spectrum of citizens in this country.

Personally, I wear orange when I feel like it's a good idea. If there's no other vehicles at the trailhead, I take my chances. If I am going to be hiking ridges to get where I need to go, I sometimes let others know that I'd prefer they check another area. If I see an unexpected number of orange people, I make myself visible. As much as I like to disappear in the mountains, I believe that proper use of orange can sometimes make hunting even better.

Scottyboy

WKR
Sheesh all this talk about “I should be able to do what I want” is funny coming from those that live in states that cannot use expandable broadheads, lighted nocks, range finding rifle scopes, ignition on muzzleloaders etc etc ...don’t hear much chatter on that.

Billinsd

WKR
The difference is that I want people to be free and you do not. I believe you have the right to your opinion, but exercising it is an exercise in tyranny, albeit slight. But, in principle, what you’re advocating for is government tyranny, no matter how insignificant it seems. Kim Jung Un has a right to his opinion and well, but that doesn’t mean I believe he has a right to impose it on others.
I'm say Buzz and me. I'm on the Libertarian, smaller government side.

I'm say Buzz and me. I'm on the Libertarian, smaller government side.
Sheesh all this talk about “I should be able to do what I want” is funny coming from those that live in states that cannot use expandable broadheads, lighted nocks, range finding rifle scopes, ignition on muzzleloaders etc etc ...don’t hear much chatter on that.
The difference is those regulations are about game management. What does wearing an orange vest for your apparent safety have to do with game management? Nothing. Unless the orange allows animals to see you better, which the claim is they do not.

Scottyboy

WKR
What does a lighted nock have to do with game management? Or a range finding rifle scope, having an “all in one” is better for game management than carrying 2 pieces of equipment?? Ok.........

Scottyboy

WKR
The difference is those regulations are about game management. What does wearing an orange vest for your apparent safety have to do with game management? Nothing. Unless the orange allows animals to see you better, which the claim is they do not.

Also, limiting people’s choices is better for game management how? Leaving it up to someone to say “well shit, his/her arrow has a tiny light on the end of that there arrow, it’s better for game management because..”. Or whatever that argument is

What does a lighted nock have to do with game management? Or a range finding rifle scope, having an “all in one” is better for game management than carrying 2 pieces of equipment?? Ok.........

They adjust the difficulty of hunting, which adjusts the amount of game taken. Jesus guys, this stuff isn’t hard. This is what we get for decades of public school that shits on the foundational principles of the US. Also, you bring up other stupid laws, which actually works more in my favor.

Also, limiting people’s choices is better for game management how? Leaving it up to someone to say “well shit, his/her arrow has a tiny light on the end of that there arrow, it’s better for game management because..”. Or whatever that argument is

My argument about vests also doesn’t negate the fact that there are hundreds of other retarded laws. Two things can be true at once.

Scottyboy

WKR
They adjust the difficulty of hunting, which adjusts the amount of game taken. Jesus guys, this stuff isn’t hard. This is what we get for decades of public school that shits on the foundational principles of the US. Also, you bring up other stupid laws, which actually works more in my favor.

which is exactly my point as well. How many posts do you see about people bitching about not being able to use expandable broadheads? None. Lighted nocks? None. I get it, this is a western based website with the vast majority living in the western states with the aforementioned rules being every day life. Just the same as those that don’t live in western states...orange requirements are a part of every day life. We don’t bitch about it just the same as those that don’t bitch about having to carry a range finder because they can’t have a range finding scope.

want to make hunting more difficult as you say...shit can the use of rifles (like most of the midwestern/Eastern states) and stick with slugs, straight walled cartridges or your already limited muzzleloaders.

not trying to be a dick, I just don’t buy into the “makes things harder by having to carry a range finder” argument when you can shoot an animal from whatever range you want, give me a break.

Rich M

WKR
The funny thing here is I'm guessing almost nobody is straightforwardly against the wearing of hunter orange. A lot of guys would wear it or agree with its use by anyone who chooses to use it.

Does anyone know of a state in which hunters lobbied their elected lawmakers to make the use of hunter orange mandatory?
I do volunteer work for a hunter org at a usfw refuge. Mostly as liason.

The plethora of rules come from folks whining after a quota hunt. Someone too close, too noisy beat them to the best spot, etc.

That's where the majority of those regulations came from. They were changing every year for a while.

WRO

WKR
I hate Hunter orange, the only times I've been scoped are when wearing it..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

which is exactly my point as well. How many posts do you see about people bitching about not being able to use expandable broadheads? None. Lighted nocks? None. I get it, this is a western based website with the vast majority living in the western states with the aforementioned rules being every day life. Just the same as those that don’t live in western states...orange requirements are a part of every day life. We don’t bitch about it just the same as those that don’t bitch about having to carry a range finder because they can’t have a range finding scope.

want to make hunting more difficult as you say...shit can the use of rifles (like most of the midwestern/Eastern states) and stick with slugs, straight walled cartridges or your already limited muzzleloaders.

not trying to be a dick, I just don’t buy into the “makes things harder by having to carry a range finder” argument when you can shoot an animal from whatever range you want, give me a break.
Make sure you wear your orange vests and don’t use a plastic straws while in the field. Feel free to deficits

I don’t necessarily agree with those things either, but I feel there is still a fundamental difference.

Scottyboy

WKR
Make sure you wear your orange vests and don’t use a plastic straws while in the field. Feel free to deficits

I don’t necessarily agree with those things either, but I feel there is still a fundamental difference.

no plastic straws here (no need to carry a straw in the field in my estimation) nor a flat brimmed cap. Carry on.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Our nation's 18-20 year olds just lost more freedoms and liberties this week from the federal government. The federal government believes that 18-20 year olds are incapable of making their own decisions about their own safety when it comes to smoking. Well, if they are incapable of making their own decisions on what's best for themselves.........then how on earth are they capable of making decisions on what's best for our nation through voting???? When these youngsters make a bad choice with smoking, they kill themselves. When they make a bad choice with voting, they contribute to the death of a nation.

And these same 18-20 year olds can choose to join a military and put themselves in grave danger with that choice, but they somehow NEED the government to ban them from making smoking decisions until they're 21?????

Whether it's an orange jacket or a pack of cigarettes it doesn't really matter. But having the government dictate these decisions to us makes every difference in the world.......to a once free nation. Mandated orange doesn't affect me (yet) as I'm a bowhunter, and I'm about as anti-smoking as they come. But eventually the government's overreach will reach everyone.

so the judicial branch of the government kept it in checks/balances...

No. Me presenting evidence of innocence provided an opportunity for the Judicial Branch to make an appropriate decision. I have done the same here in LA with parking tickets with a very different result. The only way you beat a parking ticket here in LA is to take it to appeals. That there my friend is a tyrannical government.

Rrobason

Lil-Rokslider
I can only speak for myself... but hunting public land I sure don’t mind putting on a hunter orange... I sure don’t want to be mistaken for a critter.