The Hunting Collective Podcast

ZioRob

FNG
I have missed listening to the last few podcasts but while listening to the latest I heard him say this is the penultimate podcast?

Did I miss something?

TN2shot07

WKR
He’s not leaving Meateater, sounded like his role is evolving into something else. I think they announced it a couple weeks ago.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
I saw it’s ending. Made me wonder if numbers are way down. Steve still finds time for a weekly podcast even while running his camo empire.

grfox92

WKR
I used to listen to it every week when I had a 70 mile commute. Things changed and I got busy and haven't listened to it in a long time.

I listened to one last week and was really thrown off and weirded out. Very strange and cult like vibes. There is apparently THC community "Groups" all over the country.

Ben Interviewed one if these fanboys and the whole thing was off the rails strange to me. It felt like these groups definetly consist of Flannel-Clad Biden supporters looking for a way to "harvest" their own organic food. I knew then I wouldn't be back to listen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
I used to listen to it every week when I had a 70 mile commute. Things changed and I got busy and haven't listened to it in a long time.

I listened to one last week and was really thrown off and weirded out. Very strange and cult like vibes. There is apparently THC community "Groups" all over the country.

Ben Interviewed one if these fanboys and the whole thing was off the rails strange to me. It felt like these groups definetly consist of Flannel-Clad Biden supporters looking for a way to "harvest" their own organic food. I knew then I wouldn't be back to listen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I have been getting the same vibe. Would just be interested to hear what Ben is moving onto and whats happening with the podcast.

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
It's almost like the Meateater crew stopped liking Ben O'Brien but he had signed a contract so he got to hang around until it ended. When he first started working there he was on the Meateater podcast pretty regularly but he hasn't been on in forever. I obviously have have no idea, that's just how it seems to me.

bsnedeker

WKR
That dude clearly only hunts so he can have a podcast about it. I abandoned that podcast early on after some very big red flags. In one episode he said he would "question anyone who wants to hunt a brown bear" because he doesn't think it's right. He also said on another podcast that he often asks himself "why am I even out here, what am I doing?" when he's out elk hunting...what? Pretty clear indicators the guy isn't a real hunter in my opinion.

He's also one of those guys who thinks he is a lot funnier than he really is. That became really apparent on the meateater podcasts he was invited to...he kept trying to interject and be the comic relief, it did not go well.

Good riddance.

WCB

WKR
Meateater is getting almost impossible to take serious or listen to anymore. They took a huge nose dive when Benny Boy and Mark Kenyon joined....probably the two least knowledgeable and obnoxious podcast/personalities in the hunting industry.