The Hunting Public

Scottyboy

WKR
Had never heard of them up until this post, after watching a few second clips I can see myself laying on the couch and doing nothing else other than watching their videos

woodson

FNG
AirborneEScouter and I used to use a lot of the tactics they use when we were in college a decade or more ago. The most successful one by far was using a boat or a canoe to get to hard to reach public land areas, particularly on opening morning of gun season when Missouri has 800,000 hunters in the field. We killed some very nice whitetails with a bow that way.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I rarely watch hunting shows anymore, but am hooked on their show. It's great to see guys getting it done without talking about food plots for hours or teaching the vital hunting skill of opening a window quietly enough not to spook your target buck. Plus, they can actually produce a professional level video, no small thing on YouTube.

I have the patience of the Tasmanian devil on crack. I hate tree stands. Have killed 5 white tails from the ground in the last 4 years. It is a rush.

I used to only watch Randy Newberg on YouTube but I have started following the hunting public more and more i really like their whitetail content.

Ratbeetle

WKR
This thread turned me on to them and I watched 6 episodes of their 2018 deer tour over the weekend. Really enjoying it so far.

I used to hunt whitetails on the ground waaaaaay before it was cool. The Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan types would thumb their noses at us ground pounders. They didn't know what they were missing.

I started hunting like this just about two years before they became popular. It was a game changer for me. Learning how, why, what mature bucks do on heavily pressured lands. I grew up hunting private land that was more pressured then some of the public that I hunt in eastern Wisconsin. I watched all the famous movies growing up and thought because I hunted the same spot and over fields and rub lines thinking I was going to kill mature deer. It wasn’t until I fully dove into the science of killing mature deer, and shot my biggest buck yet on public sitting on the ground. I think all of these tactics are just overlooked and not taught anymore, since media has changed the perception of how to hunt.

yep.. when I watched that I kept thinking "how easy would it be for those guys to drag that deer 20yds across the property line and do the grip-n-grin on the public he shot it on." I've never had that happen where I could see my deceased animal just across the permissible line but that must be a test of one's character.

Followed that up with the illegal Jake they reported. You could tell it bugged him to turn a guy in but in the end poachers screw us all. Really enjoy the series. I only have access to public due to moving somewhere I don’t know anybody and no hunting buddies around me. I like to see it can be done. Even though my spots aren’t in decent proximity to any crops to help with development.

Dazzler

WKR
was already doing some of the stuff, but their content and HB gave me a little more confidence to get closer rather that to just wait for them to walk to me.

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Really enjoy their content, good group of guys. They seem to genuinely enjoy helping other hunters which is cool. We need more of that.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
One of the only "hunting shows" i watch anymore. Real guys, hunting real conditions and having fun doing it.

I gave up on the former athlete/country singer/sponsored "PH" sitting in a hermetically sealed chamber, with an ozone machine, over a 20 acre super food plot. Would rather shave my face with a cheese grater...