The Legend Strikes Again. Chuck Adams World Record Velvet Typical Sitka Blacktail

BBob

WKR

OL: What bow and arrow setup do you use?
CA:
I still shoot a compound bow with my fingers, not a release. I just enjoy it more. I feel like my brain is connected to the arrow. If I do say so, I’m a pretty good shot with my fingers and I really don’t need the extra paraphernalia to take animals. Due to the short axle-to-axle designs and high let-off of most contemporary compounds, I’m somewhat restricted for shooting with my fingers. I shoot a custom Hoyt with a 75-pound draw weight and 50 percent let-off. I also like heavy arrows. This year I was hunting with Easton XX78 arrows that weigh over 600 grains part of the time, and Full Metal Jacket arrows part of the time that weigh about 500 grains. I use the G5 Striker and Striker V2, I really like those replaceable-blade 3-blade broadheads. It just works for me.

Last edited:
OP
B

BBob

WKR
The guy is 70 years old and still kicking our asses. I met him back in 1994, he sounds and acts the exact same now as then.
And he did it packed in solo. No worries for this guy unlike all those scaredy cats in the solo thread awhile back :ROFLMAO:

OL: And what is it about backpack hunting for Sitka blacktails on Kodiak that you love so much?
CA:
One, as we just talked about it, it’s a great way to hunt in the summer.

OL: You prefer to hunt Kodiak with a buddy, but that didn’t work out this year. So you just went solo?
CA:
Yes, and it wasn’t the first time I’ve done that. I set up a base camp, then will pack anywhere from 10 to 15 miles per day looking for deer.

sargent

WKR
Still getting it done at age 70 in faded cotton realtree, bean boots, and, of course, a green beanie... solo, on Kodiak! I'm impressed.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Heck yeah!!! Good to see Chuck still getting it done.
Was one of my heroes back in the 80's.