The little scope that could

Rob5589

WKR
Great shooting! People are surprised that long range can be done with lower powered scopes. I used to shoot matches with a 20" .308 and Bushy 10x to 1k

Blaw

WKR
The center of the center, is the center. I don’t know why it so complicated.

Factory Tikka
$300 scope
Factory ammo

Guys go balls deep custom why?

16Bore I keep seeing you preach on how great these fixed 6x are. You almost have me sold on one for a 300yrd rifle.

2 questions

1) how far would you say the average shooter can shoot a deer size target with 6x

2) do you feel handicapped if your in the timber and a deer/moose/elk is lets say 50yrdish

slick

WKR
I’m not 16Bore, but you shouldn’t have a problem with deer sized game and a 6x.

I shot a handful a critters from 120-330 last year with only 7x top end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore I keep seeing you preach on how great these fixed 6x are. You almost have me sold on one for a 300yrd rifle.

2 questions

1) how far would you say the average shooter can shoot a deer size target with 6x

2) do you feel handicapped if your in the timber and a deer/moose/elk is lets say 50yrdish

1 power per 100yds is an easily attainable feat.... as the op just found out, further is not unheard of either. A 6x42swfa is a 600yd scope and beyond.

I've killed inside of 100 with one and no issue at all.... low light darker timber even.

Buy with confidence

16Bore

WKR

2 questions

The average shooter says “I need more X’s so I can see detail” but all he’s really gonna see is how much he wiggles and enjoy target panic. If my dumbass can hit clay pigeons at 500 with 6x then I’d think Joe Average could handle a deer sized target with fine shot placement. And still see his deer sized target after recoil.

Never shot a moose or elk, but 50 yards is gravy gravy....FOV is REAL nice in that situation. Try 15’....easy too.

Had a chuckle on that one. When I lifted my head after the shot, I looked at my turret and said to myself “Self, why the hell do you have a turret on this scope?” And my self said “for playing around at the range dumbass”. Then my self said “oh yeah....”

I've shot prairie dogs at 800 yards with a 14X scope (fast twist .22BR with 75 gr Hornady AMAX). Have a 2.5-8X on my .223 calling rifle and shoot coyotes easily at 300 plus yards. You'll probably miss more shot opportunities with a high powered zoom having it turned up on max power and having difficulty finding a critter in time than you will with a 6X fixed power scope at close range (and the 6X will work fine way out there too...)

This thread reminds me of surf fishing as a teenager... always felt like I needed that 14' rod with 20 yards of "shock" tied on so I can chunk 8 ounces of led and an entire baitfish as far as humanly possible. Turns out all the damned fish are about 15 yards from the shore feeding the breakers.

Always easy to slip into prepping for that XYZ extreme scenario and overlook where the bulk of the action is - right in front of you. Speaking of, I ate a Idaho deer tag this year... after glassing my eyeballs out in the high country and looking over 100+ animals up to a mile away, fate played out and I jumped a monster buck in the timber at about 50 yards... with my gun on my pack as I walked downhill like a dumbass. Never saw him again of course... maybe I'll learn one day?

Blaw

WKR
The average shooter says “I need more X’s so I can see detail” but all he’s really gonna see is how much he wiggles and enjoy target panic. If my dumbass can hit clay pigeons at 500 with 6x then I’d think Joe Average could handle a deer sized target with fine shot placement. And still see his deer sized target after recoil.

Never shot a moose or elk, but 50 yards is gravy gravy....FOV is REAL nice in that situation. Try 15’....easy too.

Had a chuckle on that one. When I lifted my head after the shot, I looked at my turret and said to myself “Self, why the hell do you have a turret on this scope?” And my self said “for playing around at the range dumbass”. Then my self said “oh yeah....”
Nice shots!
I hear ya, I have a 2-8 leupold on a 308..looking at a 243 for the gf aka an excuse to get another one for me :D

Was thinking just using the max point blank range as far as sighting in, and using a fixed power would make it even that much simpler.....just noticed the weight of those scopes tho! 20oz ouch!

Any big diff between the HD models and the non?