The meaning of love...

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
So, this Saturday is the archery opener here in Montana. I am leaving Friday morning to take my beloved wife to see her baby sister in Utah for 5 days.

Did I mention opening day is Saturday? :eek:

2rocky

WKR
T-Man, did you agree to this trip in a moment of passion where you were short of breath?

Enjoy the trip. You are earning points...How you cash them in would make an interesting thread....

Wow man that sucks!!! Obviously you two have agreed that you are going on this trip with her, but in my twisted mind I would assume your wife is capable of travel? And that her n her sister would enjoy spending time together regardless if you're there? Or are you an integral part of their reunion?

Just thoughts that are going through my head! Best of luck...

Mike

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Staying with her. It's not all that bad though guys. I do have the last two weeks of September off and will be after them then :)

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sounds bad no matter what.....TM is ten times the husband I am. Wife would have been dropped off at the airport by a shuttle service as I would have left the Friday before the opener to pack myself in.

It sounds bad no matter what.....TM is ten times the husband I am. Wife would have been dropped off at the airport by a shuttle service as I would have left the Friday before the opener to pack myself in.

This would've been my situation as well!

Mike

2rocky

WKR
Tman, as long as sis has a place to shoot your bow and doesn't mind you practicing your elk calls you are alright. Given this week versus the last two of September, I'd say you made the right call.

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
There is a little guilt factor here. I flipped a four wheeler July 15th with her on the back. I came out with a couple of bruises. She didn't stick the landing and broke her tib/fib in 9 places. Two screws and a titanium rod (yes, we now have titaniumwoman too) she is healing up. Already walking with a cane as a matter of fact. SO don't feel too bad for me, I owe it to her.

Jimbob

WKR
Marriage is about compromise. If we all did whatever WE wanted all the time then the divorce rate would be sky rocketing. hmm..

Once your married your part of a team, need to find the balance. Also as the men we should be sacrificing more than our wives, which is rarely the case.

I am a school teacher so weekends are all I get. My wife is entering the family in a big cancer benefit walk that is being held on the best weekend of moose hunting. It burns me bad. I love to hunt and only get 2 maybe three weekends of prime moose hunting. Personally I am not happy about going to some cancer fundraiser but I need to remember what's more important than hunting.

So thanks for the inspiration Titaniumman ha ha

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, now here is the painful part. My bro-in-law and I have treestands set up on a piece of river bottom property. Saturday morning he is in his tree, I am 600 miles away and get a text from him. There is a 150 class Whitetail too far for him to shoot but 10 yards from my tree. 10 YARDS!!! He calls me later to tell me all about it. He had a smaller buck at 37 yards but no shot. I'm home now. Off to the trees!

Ok, now here is the painful part. My bro-in-law and I have treestands set up on a piece of river bottom property. Saturday morning he is in his tree, I am 600 miles away and get a text from him. There is a 150 class Whitetail too far for him to shoot but 10 yards from my tree. 10 YARDS!!! He calls me later to tell me all about it. He had a smaller buck at 37 yards but no shot. I'm home now. Off to the trees!

May karma smile on you and you slock a monster! ;-)

Mike