The most wonderful time of the year….. A zone general 😆

jfs82

WKR
Saw zero deer Sat though the saddle I was hunting up and down had sign literally everywhere. I called it once it hit 103. May try a spot a little closer to home this Saturday where I've never seen a person (might be a bad sign though)

Nice buck! Did you shoot him in the face?
Lol, good eyes. He rolled down the hill after the first shot and then got up again so I let another one fly. Think I hit his face then though the shoulder to put him down. Not 100% sure. and some other guys I didn’t see took a shot at him as he was rolling down the hill and may have hit him in the face. No idea what compelled them to do that.

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
12 miles from the coast this morning, I punched my second a-zone tag. There's very limited public land in my area and I'm lucky enough to have some small patches of private to hunt.

I killed my first archery buck right before archery season closed. Then this morning I killed my biggest buck to date. Feeling pretty good to have my tags filled, now I get to support some buddies. I figure I'll get to working on our bear problems.

Archery
20210730_205941.jpg

Rifle
20210817_064905.jpg

Last edited:
12 miles from the coast this morning, I punched my second a-zone tag. There's very limited public land in my area and I'm lucky enough to have some small patches of private to hunt.

I killed my first archery buck right before archery season closed. Then this morning I killed by biggest buck to date. Feeling pretty good to have my tags filled, now I get to support some buddies. I figure I'll get to working on our bear problems.

Archery
View attachment 317845

Rifle
View attachment 317846
That’s a great quick A zone season! Congrats on the success.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR

I killed my first archery buck right before archery season closed. Then this morning I killed my biggest buck to date. Feeling pretty good to have my tags filled, now I get to support some buddies. I figure I'll get to working on our bear problems.

Archery
View attachment 317845

Rifle
View attachment 317846
That rifle buck is a toad. How wide was he?

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
These posts are getting me amped for archery opener in C. Way to get it done, fellas.

Congrats again. That’s such a cool buck. Any trailcam pics of him? How tall is he?
Ah hell, I'll bite. My wife says I'm having separation issues with this one. Attaching a couple pics of trailcam pics. Have not measured the total height yet...head is in the freezer until my buddy gets time to help me do a euro on it.

These are all from one cam. I have a few other cameras on trails leading to this water source, but the pics aren't as clear.height.jpg

Attachments

• July 9.jpg
    July 9.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 41
  • July2.jpg
    July2.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 51
  • June 29.jpg
    June 29.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 50