The movies portrayal of hunting

Do any of you see the common trend in movies in which the hunter sees the prey and while preparing to dispatch this prey, he suddenly reflects and then passes on the kill?

I see it often and suddenly reflect how inaccurate this is and how dispatching the prey is actually better for the species as a whole. Other than movie making and leftist anti-hunting narrative, can anyone tell me why this comes up so often in movies?

IdahoElk

WKR
Maybe in the instant the seasoned hunter is about to take a life with just a pull of a trigger he See’s the fragility of the Preys life and that of his own and decides in a spiritual way the taking of the preys life will be taking a part of his own and decides to pack it up and get a cheeseburger and beer with the bro’s?

Last edited:

NoWiser

WKR
I’m not sure how actually dispatching the prey in that situation is better for the species in most situations, assuming everything else is equal.

SWOHTR

WKR
No idea what movies you’re talking about. Watch Escanaba, Legends of the Fall, and there’s another movie with robert De Niro getting stalked by some Bosnian dude.

TheGDog

WKR
BTW... you'll likely be upset with how they portrayed hunters in that movie Josh Brolin did for Netflix of:

The Legacy of a WhiteTail Deer Hunter
(2018)

I am a hunter through n through but I rarely kill anything. I am more of a "stalk it n drop the hammer on an empty chamber" kinda guy. That to me is a successful hunt. I think I am certainly a bit different than many! I have absolutely no problem killing anything I am just always looking for something bigger.

TheGDog

WKR
Be a long time from now before I pass up an animal in my hand for one in the bush. I only barely got started in 2014. Once I've got more numbers under my belt... maybe then as my health starts to decline possibly do that whole looking-for-the-one thing. Til then? Bump That! I want as much legal killing as I can manage to get my hands on! I do this for stress relief, not to be all picky and what not. Not going home empty-handed is success for me. Yeah, sure.. having some kinda usually good specimen would be cool. But I'm just as happy to actually harvest anything, vs nothing.

zacattack

WKR
BTW... you'll likely be upset with how they portrayed hunters in that movie Josh Brolin did for Netflix of:

The Legacy of a WhiteTail Deer Hunter
(2018)

If this is the movie I’m thinking of, I’m pretty sure i wanted to claw my eyes out while watching it.

Crusader

WKR
Yeah, that Josh Brolin movie was pathetic. It was if the writer or director had done zero research into deer hunting, everything was wrong. And the "rescue" of the guy that got shot was incredibly implausible and unbelievable. What a joke. Don't waste an hour and a half of your life on that movie as I did!

Opah

WKR
I feel the Revenant portrayed the sad side of Hunting and How nature ( the Momma Bear can rip you many new Holes), also when an indigenes people get fed up with the wanton waste and exploitation of the land and animals.
Most the hunting I watch have a warning at the beginning stating that a animal will be harvested and if you have a weak constitution you may want to watch something else.
The movies that the person had that moment is about some non-hunter that couldn't make the grade, was not hunting for food and shouldn't have been out there with a weapon any ways, I think these are good movies to help sort the I think I can from the Hunters of the world.