The muck boots wont cut it on these hunts I have planned..

Looking for a pair of boots for Wyoming antelope and walking big hills in south east Missouri. I have hunted mostly marsh and swamp my whole life so Ive never bought a decent pair of boots besides knee high rubber boots for all of the deer, bear, and bird hunting I do. Just wondering what guys are recommending for long walking in hill country for whitetails and open country for antelope. Id like to get one pair that will cover both.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
if I was picking y a boot for what you described (and this is purely personal preference), I like a very supportive boot but for that sort of terrain, I wouldn’t probably look for something really stiff. I’d probably pick crispi guides or something similar. Good support and protection but they do t have the stiffness of a true mountain boot (at least in my opinion). My dad used crispi Nevada’s on a hunt recently and even though he’s in his 70s he insisted on packing out his mule deer which he did twice in 3 days.

hiker270

WKR
There are many good brands of boots. I have Crispi, Kennetrek, Scarpa, Merrell and Danner. Some insulated some not. Best thing I can tell you is if possible find a place you can try them on with the socks you are gonna wear. The socks may be the most important part of comfortable days hiking. Good Merino or Alpaca wool socks are the way to go. Darn Tough socks are my favorite but there are many good brands.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Personally, for that kind of country, I would go with a light hiker.

There is a huge amount of personal preference. I wear trail runners with a pack at times in the mountains. I also still use full on mountaineering boots too though. Sometimes for the same country and load.