The Mule Deer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jodi! I owe you and my husband the biggest thanks of all for allowing Robby and I to go on this hunt. I really appreciate the tips, us women have got to stick together.;)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your well-wishes Gabe, saw you on the muzz/Big Deer thread, too. Hope to have time to see you in the Junction, and Lord willin' there might be a buck in the back of the truck- thanks

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I have been fine tuning gear/camp lists this weekend. Still need to get the grub, catch up on work/family, then we're outta here.

As usual, though, ran into a small but frustrating problem. I've been shooting my bow since February 0-3 times per week, probably racking up about 800-1,000 shots.
attachment.php

Bow's been shooting great, stacking 3 in at 60 yards in several inches if I do my part. I usually slow down arrow volume practice as season nears and try to shoot 3-6 arrows daily in short sessions.

Pulled my 2003 Martin Phantom II back last night and started to come into my nock points (nose, earlobe pocket) when out nowhere, someone slugs me right in the face. I came up swingin' & cussin' but in a second or two realized what happened:

attachment.php

nice huh?

Luckily Tom Thiel at Archery Idaho in Idaho Falls turned this mess around in a few hours and I'm back shooting. He installed the Zebra cable/string (pre-stretched). It's a pretty penny at a Benji, but he vouches for them as great and he's never steered me wrong.

Got sighted back in this morning, and she's shooting pretty good. The Zebra probably added another 5-10 pounds of draw weight, which I don't like, but it's too late to start chasing, so she's going as is.

Hopefully Murphy is done messing with us.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,
the hunt is less than 48 hours away!

Ryan, Aron, Cindy, and I have talked about flipping this thread to the Live Hunt Forum. What's everyone's thoughts on that?

If you don't know what the Live Forum is, check out Aron and Marc's latest Colorado high-country hunt:
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?99-Rokslide-Live-Hunt-Hunting-Stories

This forum pretty much lets viewers see the hunt in real time. It's extra work for us, but if you like that format, we'll make it happen.

thoughts?

Agree with Dreaminbig just start a new thread. Always nice to not have to shift through a ton of pages to find the updates! Good Luck!!

Mike

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would love to follow along "live" if you and Cindy are up for it! Either way, can't wait to hear all about this trip, so excited for you both!!

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I think just about everyone around here would love to see it "live", myself included. However, I know this particular hunt is a big deal for Cindy and I want success for her more than anything. I'll be happy reading about it afterward it that's necessary.

Count Down

It's almost here, I am so excited. Robby and I are frantically trying to get all the final details prepared and we'll meet tomorrow morning.

I'm sporting a nasty head cold! Yuck.:p

I'm stoked that the hunt is going to be a live hunt.

Shoot us any questions you may have about what we're doing, gear etc. and we'll do our best to get back to you in real time!

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the project and your support!

This is going to be fun!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Live Hunts are great for those of us not hunting. I have seen some live hunts last year on once of a lifetime sheep tags get to caught up in all the texting and not hunting. I think most would agree we would rather see you successful on your hunt if it meant we didn't get an update twice or more a day. It will still be a great story after the hunt. I would put yourself and your hunt as first priority and the live hunt much further down on the priority list.

Best of luck to you and Robby....

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Live Hunts are great for those of us not hunting. I have seen some live hunts last year on once of a lifetime sheep tags get to caught up in all the texting and not hunting. I think most would agree we would rather see you successful on your hunt if it meant we didn't get an update twice or more a day. It will still be a great story after the hunt. I would put yourself and your hunt as first priority and the live hunt much further down on the priority list.

Best of luck to you and Robby....

I agree! Looking forward to hearing all about your hunt, but be sure to put yourselves and the hunt first...I can wait (impatiently, haha) for the updates until you have a chance to post them. Have an incredible trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.