The Official Rokslide Charity Raffle thread for Tri2Hunt

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think lower amounts would be better as a lot of us can swing $20 a couple times a week easier than $50-$100 once a week. A raffle once per week would generate some fairly steady sizable funds for on going bills.

mt100gr.

WKR
Tough act to follow for sure....I read his classifieds post this morning and immediately tried to imagine a day in his shoes and tried to think of ways to help. When my first daughter was 10 weeks old, she had to have the middle portion of her skull removed...a fairly common procedure, I guess, for saggittal synostosis, but it turned our world upside down. My heart sank when I googled his son's diagnosis. Unimaginable.

Post a mailing address where gear can't be sent. This is a good cause.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey guys we can create a Giveforward http://www.giveforward.com/ account and start using that to raise funds. We can network this accross facebook and really make a big impact. Im happy to help set things up. Id need to know great details though so that we can post that as the fundraiser. Pretty tough deal Ive had other friends in this type of a senario and its definitely not a great time in anyones lives. Maybe we can make a really big difference by setting this up and passing it through Facebook to really help things get out there. You cant even imagine the money people raise for their crisis's on sites like this. Just scroll down and look at some of the money people have been able to get. It can be a game changer. Let me know

lintond

WKR
I will contribute and share once things are set up. It's one thing for us adults to suffer but a child should not have to go through such things.

OP
HellsCanyon
Ok pics are up on original post.

Hey guys we can create a Giveforward http://www.giveforward.com/ account and start using that to raise funds. We can network this accross facebook and really make a big impact. Im happy to help set things up. Id need to know great details though so that we can post that as the fundraiser. Pretty tough deal Ive had other friends in this type of a senario and its definitely not a great time in anyones lives. Maybe we can make a really big difference by setting this up and passing it through Facebook to really help things get out there. You cant even imagine the money people raise for their crisis's on sites like this. Just scroll down and look at some of the money people have been able to get. It can be a game changer. Let me know

That's a great idea, I have heard about http://www.gofundme.com/ as well but not giveforward. Care to look into it and see what one is better?

One thing is we need to be able to keep track of who all is buying tickets for what raffle. Can either website do that? If not, I can setup a new paypal account and each person that donates as a gift will in the paypal comment section put their name address and screen name and what entry that one is (if they've put in before then they will mention "Mike Johnson, *address*, SN: Hells Canyon, Entries #3 and #4!"....??? What do you guys think? Or if they are not a member here and they heard about it through facebook they can still enter....?

I would like raffle tickets to be around $20-$50.... whatever you guys want! I will say I'm EXTREMELY busy right now... starting a new job and moving Aug 19th and so I'll be looking for help from ya'll to get things up and running!

We have so many opportunities in this life to do many things, helping a family through a tough time is an honor and a privalege. I've 6 nieces and nephews under the age of 9 and am very close to all of them. I can't imagine the pain or stress of those involved.

Mike

Vandal 44

WKR
I have a Tarp Tent and a few other items that are in good condition that I no longer use. Just let me know where to send the stuff.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's a great idea, I have heard about http://www.gofundme.com/ as well but not giveforward. Care to look into it and see what one is better?

One thing is we need to be able to keep track of who all is buying tickets for what raffle. Can either website do that? If not, I can setup a new paypal account and each person that donates as a gift will in the paypal comment section put their name address and screen name and what entry that one is (if they've put in before then they will mention "Mike Johnson, *address*, SN: Hells Canyon, Entries #3 and #4!"....??? What do you guys think? Or if they are not a member here and they heard about it through facebook they can still enter....?

I would like raffle tickets to be around $20-$50.... whatever you guys want! I will say I'm EXTREMELY busy right now... starting a new job and moving Aug 19th and so I'll be looking for help from ya'll to get things up and running!

We have so many opportunities in this life to do many things, helping a family through a tough time is an honor and a privalege. I've 6 nieces and nephews under the age of 9 and am very close to all of them. I can't imagine the pain or stress of those involved.

Mike
Paypal should be fairly easy to keep track of as it shows activity. As far as who's allowed to enter, it should not matter where the entries come from as long as it's raising money. I'll help any way I can just let me know what you need.

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
As most of you are aware, a member here (Tri2Hunt) has an 8 month old son that is tragically diagnosed with a terminal disease and needs our help to pay for his medical bills and to celebrate the time they've had with their son. I challenge all of you to look through your gear closets or what have you and donate up a piece of gear for raffle here on rokslide. I imagine we will get a list going here on this thread and then raffle off each item every 3-4 days until they are all gone. That way some people get some cool gear and the proceeds go to Tri2Hunt. We can setup a paypal account or I'm looking into another option that could work out as well.

I'll go first... was going to sell this to fund a new spotter but I can live without a new spotter for awhile and my heart feels like this is definitely the right decision.

This rifle is brand new just finished the other day. Here are the details.

16" 1:9" twist 5.56 NATO barrel from signature manufacturing. I used this same barrel except for 1:7" twist for an AR I built for Ryan Avery and it shoots great.
ODINWorks 12.5" Sport forend with accessory picatinny rail.
Magpul CTS 5 position collapsible stock
Tactical oversized charging handle latch.
Milspec forged upper/lower receivers from SMI. Very tight fit on these receivers.
Milspec M16 style (full auto rated) BCG. Will upgrade to a Nickel Boron BCG for an extra $100.
ODINWorks oversized mag release
Low profile gasblock
Heavy H2 carbine buffer
Tactical Springs "white" buffer spring. Rated to over 1,000,000 duty cycles.
Standard A2 flash suppressor.

Normally a $1100+ rifle but whatever it gets here will go to a much better cause. Here are some pictures...

So go through those gear closets and find something you think a new backpack hunter could use or anything you might have extra! Little things add up quick! God bless and prayers go out to Tri2Hunt...

Mike

Mike, I sent you a PM. I am at a loss how to express my gratitude to you and all the members on this site for your generosity, prayers and kind words.
My tears tonight were not only for my son and the horrible disease he has, but a renewed faith in people and our hunting community.
I also have gear that I will go through and donate for this raffle.
I am not sure thank you will ever be enough to match everyone's generosity?

Thank you!

God Bless!!

Micah

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Micah I sent you a PM with all the details. I like the Gofundme much better because of the facebook integration. Once I get Micah to get me all the info I will get the Fundraiser going and then get it out to everyone. If your on Facebook shoot me a friend request https://www.facebook.com/jturner355 so I can share it on there also. Power of facebook is unbelievable and hopefully if we can get this in front of enough people we can make a big difference in Micah's situation.

James

Zbowman1

WKR
Tri2Hunt, I have a four month old daughter and I couldn't read either of these threads without tearing up. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Zack

OP
HellsCanyon
Mike, I sent you a PM. I am at a loss how to express my gratitude to you and all the members on this site for your generosity, prayers and kind words.
My tears tonight were not only for my son and the horrible disease he has, but a renewed faith in people and our hunting community.
I also have gear that I will go through and donate for this raffle.
I am not sure thank you will ever be enough to match everyone's generosity?

Thank you!

God Bless!!

Micah

No thanks necessary man. God still works miracles in today's age. Praying multiple times a day for your son....

SHTF, does the gofundme.com have an option to keep track of how many donations have come through? If we do the paypal for the rifle raffle then I can just dump it all into the gofundme account at the close of the raffle....

Mike

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both threads brought tears to my eyes. Praying for Micah, his son and their whole family. As usual I am amazed by the strength and generosity of our incredible Rokslide community. You are all amazing, and I feel honored and blessed to be a part of a considerate group.

AitchAr

FNG
I just found this thread. Off the top if my head, I have a lightly used Spot Hogg Hogg It to add to the raffle. I'll rummage through my gear tomorrow and see what else I can add.

Mark

WKR
I have a Tarp Tent and a few other items that are in good condition that I no longer use. Just let me know where to send the stuff.

Probably best to keep the item until the raffle is over then send to the winner. Saves shipping it twice.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

Mike

I sent a PM and emails to Micah. Soon as I hear back from him I will get it started at the Gofundme website. Also we can start passing it out on Facebook.

Craig4791

WKR
What a great group of ppl we have here on Rokslide! Wow. I'll go through my gear when I get home on Monday. I know I've got a few things. Thoughts are with your family Micah.