The official unofficial tikka t1x thread

Lawnboi

WKR
You can use a crush washer, that's what basically comes with the Sparrow, I just figured I'd loose it. And its a chance of being less square.

I don't know and the 1st time I shot suppressed I was shooting a huge group about 12"high. Maxed out my scope travel and could not zero.

Had to post on here to figure out what was going on.
I saw your post. Iv been digging for a while now since learning my threads are too long. I think I’m going to do the same as you and do it right the first time. Not worth chancing 600$. On top of that sounds like a lot of complaints of innacuracy are due to threads being too long. This is a varmint gun for me, so 16” will be nice with the suppressor.

Iv got dreams of 16” with a folding chassis so I can throw it in my backpack

I just ordered one of these in 17hmr. Would I use the same rings as I have for my t3x / does it have the same integrated dovetail?

sndmn11

WKR
I forgot where it came from, but I threw my new guy in a T3 varmint stock, and my talley rail finally showed up this week. Topped it with the 4-14 SHV and at 50 yards shooting paper was kind of pointless; I threw three magazines out of it and it ended up looking like one .50cal shot.

100 yards will be a lot of fun, and I am glad I bought it. I think it is about twice as precise the TCR22 we also have.

Wanting some suggestions on a all purpose scope for this,general hunting,plinking and some target.Im thinking something along the lines of
Leupolds Adjustable objective scope other than the 3-9x40,its parallax is set
3-9x33 freedom duplex
3-9x40 freedom Rimfire MOA Reticle
4-12x40 vx2 duplex
6-18x40 vx2 lrv duplex
6.5-20x40 vx3 duplex

Wanting some suggestions on a all purpose scope for this,general hunting,plinking and some target.Im thinking something along the lines of
3-9x33 freedom duplex
4-12x40 vx2 duplex
6-18x40 vx2 lrv duplex
6.5-20x40 vx3 duplex
Mine has a nikon 4-16 and it works good for that.

But im swapping it out for an swfa 6x just to practice dialing.

I've got the nikon posted and will be posting a vx2 6-18 ao as well if your interested.

sndmn11

WKR
3-9x33 freedom duplex
4-12x40 vx2 duplex
6-18x40 vx2 lrv duplex
6.5-20x40 vx3 duplex
I have had the Leupold Freedom AO version before and it was trouble free as a set and forget kind of guy at 50 yards. A little bit of a nuisance trying to shoot farther because there wasn't much indication of clicks.

I would consider this guy https://cameralandny.com/shop/meopt...cdd5-0138-a7ac-00163ecd2826?variation=2779754

Here is a link to the reticle subtensions, although I think their numbers are incorrect. https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/...RepositoryDoc/Root/Reticles/reticle-ZPlus.pdf

Good shooting!

I eventually got tired of the T1X at 50. Moved to 100. Starts to get a little fun out that long! Using Eley Club. But any wind makes it dicey…
Well its primary purpose is to dispatch varmints, so a 50 yrd zero then dial to 100 etc.

All I had was fudd 22s prior to this and I couldn't ever hit pests I was trying to dispatch.

Lawnboi

WKR
It's to loud for the hood.
It’s got some snap, it’s a supersonic round. With a suppressor you get the snap but the blast is very quiet. Shooting ground squirrels this summer with it at 10 yards the impact was the loudest thing.

The bullets don’t ricochet nearly as easily as a 22lr will either.

On top of being a much better killer, It’s just more precise and forging out to a hundred. To 100 it will kill varmints spectacularly, to 175 efficiently.

I bought mine as a purpose built vermin killer. It’s the rifle we keep ready all the time at home. Does a number on prairie dogs as well.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Resurecting this thread to see if anyone dropped their T1X into a Manners.

All my T3/T3X rifles wear an EHT. Would like to get the T1X into an EHT as well.

A bit of searching says it should fit, minus some minor work around the bolt stop and mag well.

Anyone have experience with this?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got the area 419 rail on my t1x. I mounted up an SWFA 6x with some warne mountain tech rings that weren’t being used. I’ve got some 2 and 3 inch steel plates that I have in my yard from 30 to 60m. I shoot out off the porch most day after work (with a dead air mask 22).

Last weekend I shot some ptarmigan from about 75 yards with it. It worked great.

As much as I like the gun though, I’ll be swapping it for one of those CZ 457s with a he manners stock.

SharkDog

FNG
I just got a 16" and the suppressor waiting period has begun.
This will be a small game hunting rifle and I plan to use it practice dialing some shots as well.
What rings do people like. I don't really want to use a rail. I'm planning to put a SWFA 6x on, if they come back in stock. In the meantime it will get a vortex crossfire that I already own.

amassi

WKR
I just got a 16" and the suppressor waiting period has begun.
This will be a small game hunting rifle and I plan to use it practice dialing some shots as well.
What rings do people like. I don't really want to use a rail. I'm planning to put a SWFA 6x on, if they come back in stock. In the meantime it will get a vortex crossfire that I already own.

Sportsmatch t035c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk