The pushup challenge

swat8888

WKR
We need some kind of incentive for whoever can get to the highest number without taking any day's off.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
OK, I will put up a hoodie to the winner. But I need a list of who is in the game and the rules??

swat8888

WKR
I would start a new thread giving everyone 10 more days to decide to join or not (it is hunting season so alot of people are in the woods). Everyone must post that they are in the contest and must post whenever they fail to meet any of the rules. No need to post every single day.

Proposed Rules:

1. Contest starts today for those already under way so long as they meet the following rules, if not they must start over from wherever they broke one of the rules. (i.e.- you took two days off, or one day off without making them up the following day at any point you must revert back to that number of reps...I skipped a day two days ago, so I'd have to go back to 70 today) Contest ends when only one person is still going strong.
2. Must start with 10 push-up's and increase by 10 every day.
3. Can only skip 1 day, if you skip 2 days in a row you're out. When you skip a day you must make them all up the following day to include the normal daily requirement.
4. You can only skip a day 5 total times (so long as you make those up as outlined in rule 3) to allow for thanksgiving or other instances when it just isn't possible.
5. We'll go with a modified Army standard for the push-ups. Each rep requires that only feet and hands may touch the ground. Feet may be up to 12 inches apart. Body will be in a generally straight line. Arms should be parallel to the ground at the bottom of the push-up....no half push-ups (chest does not have to touch the ground, but would roughly be equivalent of having someone place their fist under your chest and touching it at the bottom of each rep). If you want to be hardcore you can also do elevated push-up's (feet elevated above body) or push-up's where you place one hand on a medicine ball to hit the muscle a little differently. Decline (body elevated above feet) push-up's do not count.

Anyhow those are my suggestions....

Don't really feel I have a chance but I'm in... just got done with todays.
30x25x25

One other thing I would propose is overnight hunting trips are exempt so long as you do some sort of make up when you get back or you stay with whatever number you would've been on had you not been hunting. I know I'm already burning more calories than I usually use while hunting. Adding a push up workout isn't something I'm going to tax my body further with.

Mike

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Swatt, looks good to me. I propose you or myself post up the details tomorrow and give everyone the first to sign up. That way day 1 and the date correspond, at least for the first month.

swat8888

WKR
I can post it tomorrow so long as the moderators are down with the details....I'll let Avery or whomever decide on how to count overnight hunts. maybe you are allowed one time to take no more than 5 days off for overnight hunts (you sleep at least 1 mile from your truck...lol). But I'm not sure about that either, I'm doing a rim to rim grand canyon hike all next weekend, so days 190-210 for me are going to occur in the canyon. I would say no days off for hunting unless you harvest an animal (big game...not a grouse), if you get an animal you get a freebie that day and don't have to do those push-ups.

swat8888

WKR
No don't post everyday, and post on the other thread for the official entry....this is the older thread, if you want to post daily updates or talk smack do it here...the other thread is for keeping track of who is in and out.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I slacked off on this. Took the national registry for paramedic on Friday then worked 48 hours straight all weekend. Guess I'm starting back over at 10.

I'll post up the details for the contest tonight or tomorrow for a role call.