The Rokslide Social Distancing for Hope Thread

EastMT

WKR
Well I have been really enjoying the time with my boy. Mom had a knee replaced over a week ago, so I’ve been off work as much as possible to keep him busy. We have been walking a few miles through the corn, grapefruit, orange, and onion fields.(surveying apocalypse supplies lol).

There’s a large wet land in the middle of this area, full of birds and bugs, the bugs excite him like it was a big muley. He’s 5 so a blue dragonfly is about the top of the list.

With my wife the teacher and head craft maker laid up, I’ve learned to make dragonflies and butterflies out of TP rolls, paint Jackson Pollack abstracts, burn through $500 worth of construction paper in about 45 min haha.

I have worked away from home a lot, recently accepted a transfer to another state where it’s cheap, warm, and I get to spend every day at home, work at night. I have to go to work every day no matter the circumstances, I’m in the Ag industry and gotta keep the shelves stocked!

I feel like it’s been really good for my family to be locked in, not all running 10 directions, can just sit on the back porch and watch the corn grow, sip a Land Shark. We will be fine, we are gonna lose some great people but when this is through I think most will appreciate a few smaller things in life and not whine as much.

Last edited:
FINALLY some positive thinkers!! Working as usual here. Have made some extra time with the family tho. With the scarcity of diapers I figured, what better time to try and get my boy potty trained. 18 months old and 10 times harder than my daughter was to potty train! It's been interesting. Spraying his pee like it's coming out of a fire hose. Then there is those couple of baby ruth's I found on the floor. It's been fun getting excited about going in the potty.

I've been hoping some would see the silver lining. I would love to see a shift in our way of life in this country as a result. We don't all need to consume so much and that would lead to some more free time to spend with family. There has clearly been a shift in people seeing how little they can rely on themselves and wanting to change that, I think it could be a huge positive.

I'm actually working more than normal being in a critical industry. We have been pretty well stocked now so I shouldn't have to go to the store for anything at all. I've been taking some time to build a chicken coop which will give my wife and kids something to enjoy till this situation is over. Glad to have a yard so they can get out of the house.

I am focusing on getting some other home projects wrapped up since we are about a month from our spring gobbler opener. Once things settle down a bit I'll get back to training for OTC archery elk season.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
About the only thing that has changed for me is the closed dining rooms in restaurants. I eat out quite a bit. Thankfully I got a hair cut about two days before our state shut them down. Hopefully they'll be back open by the time I need another, otherwise I'm going to have to cut it myself. That shouldn't be too difficult as I keep it shorter now than when I was in the military.

I threw my lower back out August 7th, and it's been a real bear for the past 7 months. But I tested it out and stressed it out a bit yesterday taking out a giant cottonwood tree. Digging out the stump will take some time and effort, but if my back survives that it should be good for hunting season.

My niece is graduating college this semester, but she's currently down in Texas with her best friend hunting hogs on her friend's grandparent's place. That's pretty awesome because she's never shot a gun before that and has shown no interest before. I may have to get her a bow now and teach her how to hunt elk.

Life is good on this front, and I make most of my money from the stock market, so it's been a good time for that too. Bring on September, but until then.......keep pressing on.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thankfully I got a hair cut about two days before our state shut them down. Hopefully they'll be back open by the time I need another, otherwise I'm going to have to cut it myself.

Just make sure and post a pic. I gotta see this.

Thanks for chiming in man,

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The other cool thing I'm seeing in these posts are dads spending more time with the kids. Same here. That's good, really good.

Keep it coming guys.

Headed out to cut firewood this morning with Cash (breaking his sleep-until-10 cycle). Wouldn't even be thinking about that on a normal Friday, just "hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I must go"

So far the social distancing aspect has been nice. No changes to work yet, life sure has seemed to slow down (which I am enjoying)! Been getting a lot of outside projects done around the place. Thankfully turkey season is open now and I have a ton of birds to chase around the house!

KurtR

WKR
Getting a new puppy on april 11 th . Bonus is my son will be home with him since no school. We have been going walking with the little house dog every night and when diesel sees the leash he goes crazy.

I am an emergency nurse so things are in full swing for me. 60+ hour weeks plus on call for the foreseeable future. Enjoying my day off today. Teaching my youngest how to ride her bike, oldest is mixing a deer jerky marinade as we speak.

Turkey season is around the corner. I have not turkey hunted in 10 yrs but my youngest is begging to go, so I am making plans to take her out. My oldest has zero desire to hunt, but loves to trout fish and hatchery season opens soon. Maybe a cast and blast day soon?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My little garden shed project is coming along. It's been fun teaching my son how to build. We will be working on the roofing today.

a3bf80bad15bc2e24e9e56fbfb6e245b.jpg
42d2d0a9dceb7b924d16d23a89a42736.jpg
4d12497e9e8fed49c827b1431110a954.jpg
8d29797cbda2170558c8f258c72e8ad9.jpg
fb6e6bc8606a44596f54f8e554d1b96e.jpg
0314abd6cd5b7b08068bfcb3f048e676.jpg

twall13

WKR
Great time to get the kids in the mountains to burn some energy and realize they can live without electronics for a bit. I'm still working full time at the moment but the wife is not loving the home school thing so getting everyone out of the house while still practicing social distancing is important.
5d9e914709d796710ce2624acc4a438c.jpg
d340de33f2a2bfb6eedb6340996554f4.jpg
b9d08b24e75bb64a0151a9482ff876ba.jpg
e80c8c6033fb338c46575827f89bcf05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolute great post Robby. Very well said. Ive been practicing social distancing like forever so that's all okie dokie with me.
We were notified yesterday that we are to stay home for 3 weeks with paid administrative leave. Okay, if I must.
Still have to be available for callouts and emergency stuff but that will all work. Gonna be doing a lot of reloading and shooting-----developing some loads. Probably be doing some shed hunting also.
Phone is going crazy with texts from friends throughout the country which is a good thing. Have a buddy in Ketchum who is sicker than hell and got tested yesterday----said it was brutal but it is remaining upbeat.
And i'll be moving shortly so a good chance to gather and box things up.

So, yeah, stay positive and WASH YOUR FRIGGIH HANDS!

Randy

Haha feel like nothing has changed for me, I social distance all the time. it's that time of year for sheds, my hounds keep me busy as they love getting out and running around and watching the snow melt has me excited for bears

I feel like we're gonna get through this and things will be better than before all this commotion. We just need to keep it together and help each other out if need be
IMG_20200323_192242196_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200323_164554607_HDR.jpg
Snapchat-1732815112.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_182759321_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200320_182759321_HDR.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 54