The Rokslide Social Distancing for Hope Thread

Dylan and I finished up the siding on the shed today. After that I sheathed all the interior walls with OSB so it will be easy to hang things and build shelves.

a4227dce781338c324e30c2813eb2f87.jpg
46ac36a93e6b7044d15470094b7b1e56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
you guys did an excellent job! looks really good

Randle

WKR
Well today was good . We reloaded the target backstop. The previous owner bought cheap posts to set up a pasture and they are all rotting off so I figured they would make good pistol bullet stoppers . I built the backstop a few years ago and made it so I could just slide them out and rebuild it when needed .we shoot the center ones out so today was the day to reload it. Then added 2 x8 the the back side also. And stacked in more dirt.20200404_184710.jpg

jmez

WKR
Family went for a hike in the Black Hills today. I carried a 50# pack.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
660C55BE-999F-4315-AB5D-F0ED8D93269A.jpeg05A6BC22-55F5-42E7-8AEF-5FBC5482D3D8.jpegGreat post Robby!

We’re making it, despite a big Worried delay in launching my own consulting business - I have spent lots time my kids. They are special needs and school is such a big part of their lives it’s been hard for them to comprehend all of this. Honestly thankful I’m there for them and me!

Today I finally got boat out for shakedown run in Lake Michigan. Half hearted fishing for early browns and coho. If I can put gas in her, I’ll get some social distance fishing in!

Squamch

WKR
View attachment 168004View attachment 168005Great post Robby!

We’re making it, despite a big Worried delay in launching my own consulting business - I have spent lots time my kids. They are special needs and school is such a big part of their lives it’s been hard for them to comprehend all of this. Honestly thankful I’m there for them and me!

Today I finally got boat out for shakedown run in Lake Michigan. Half hearted fishing for early browns and coho. If I can put gas in her, I’ll get some social distance fishing in!

I think you need more rod holders.

Shraggs

WKR
Funny. Ha thinking same thing!

Cooper line/lead core In various lengths, down rigger rods, dipsy divers in power pro and wire.... lots of options, and nothing like spares out if your way during tournaments!

My wife and I had our first kid two and half weeks ago, so my wife (high school biology teacher) has been social distancing simply by staying home with the kid, and I've been setting new records for cleanliness (or paranoia?) in making sure I don't bring anything home from work. We've been popping the little one into the stroller and walking a mile or two each afternoon just so we can get outside and stay active and that has been a lot of fun.

Due to the expected arrival of the little one, I had written off turkey season this year and thus had not borrowed my uncle's turkey hunting gear (this only my second year attempting harm upon thunder-chickens). However, with all that is going on, I have nothing but free weekends ahead of me and lots of vacation days due to canceled conferences. A friend was kind enough to lend me his shotgun and my wife was enthusiastic about me going after some birds so I'm hoping to make it out into the nearby national forest before too long.

Oh, and I cleaned my gutters this past Saturday. I was inordinately excited about that.