The Rokslide Sports Betting Thread

Sherman

WKR
There is a stock traders thread, so thought I would start a sports betting thread where all of us degenerates could co-mingle.

Do you do your own handicapping?

Watch opening lines and track line movements?

Have a spot to get the best number?

See a line that makes no sense that you want to share with our small community?

Hschweers

Lil-Rokslider
Matthew Fitzpatrick to win the Players has my interest. Decent enough odds. Just sprinkle $25 to win $925 and go get that piece of gear you've been eyeing.

*This is not financial advice. Betting someone to win a golf tournament is a dumb bet, BUT I do like Fitz at the Players.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Matthew Fitzpatrick to win the Players has my interest. Decent enough odds. Just sprinkle $25 to win $925 and go get that piece of gear you've been eyeing.

*This is not financial advice. Betting someone to win a golf tournament is a dumb bet, BUT I do like Fitz at the Players.
He’s 3 for 3 finishing in the top ten this year. I need to check the odds on a top ten finish....maybe some pizza $$$ to win it.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
NHL

Toronto on a 29-3 run for third period overs

Hurricanes no goal in the first ten minutes is on an 11-1 run

Columbus third period over on a 23-2 run

Sabres third period over 22-3 run

donmateo

FNG
NHL

Toronto on a 29-3 run for third period overs

Hurricanes no goal in the first ten minutes is on an 11-1 run

Columbus third period over on a 23-2 run

Sabres third period over 22-3 run
Nice! Gonna need to look at these!

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Parlay expert Chris King from Winners and Whiners put out this expert pick today:

Tennessee -7.5
SMU -8.5
Norfolk State -5.5

I got in late and the SMU line moved to -10 so I placed an insurance bet with the same teams on the moneyline. If you can find the SMU -8.5 at a book, let me know which book.

Edit: MGM has SMU -9.5. Best number I can find.

Last edited:
Should probably get this thread brought back to the top with college football just a few weeks away. . . Week 1 always seems to have some crazy lines

svivian

WKR
Cant believe no one responded on here during the Kentucky Derby.... a $1 bet won over $80 for alot of people

Neeks

FNG
Just dumped a mortgage payment on the over for raiders wins lol. 8.5 seems like a steal

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Just dumped a mortgage payment on the over for raiders wins lol. 8.5 seems like a steal
One of the best bets out there.

Also, Colorado State University under 3.5, Fresno State win total over and Utah to win the PAC 12.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
One of the best bets out there.

Also, Colorado State University under 3.5, Fresno State win total over and Utah to win the PAC 12.
Where are you getting CSU at 3.5, seeing them at 5.5. Agree with Utah, the USC hype train is leaving the tracks a year early to me.