The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Yep still holding. Even thinking about dumping some more into it. Its always on sale!
The PGAS position that I am holding is down about 52%. At this point I have written it off. Assuming it goes nowhere but down for the remainder of this year it will get sold before the end of the month so I can book the loss and ease the significant tax liability I am looking at.

YBPS

WKR
The PGAS position that I am holding is down about 52%. At this point I have written it off. Assuming it goes nowhere but down for the remainder of this year it will get sold before the end of the month so I can book the loss and ease the significant tax liability I am looking at.
I’m down 35% and reluctantly added again today. Now have an even 200,000 shares. Going to sit on it for a while and see what happens. Good luck to you.

how do y'all not get creamed by taxes on this stuff?
As far as crypto goes, keep it in crypto and off centralized exchanges like coinbase. That's why Robinhood is such a terrible option, your only option to sell crypto is to turn it into fiat. If selling high and looking for another position lower, swap into stable coins so it stays in crypto. Again, on decentralized exchanges.

It sucks the government steals their cut, but it is what it is. Still a net positive in the end so I avoid taxes when I can but don't worry about it. I'll have a big check to write uncle sam this year, but the money in my pocket is much more so I'll still sleep at night!

bozeman

WKR
Who wants to go in an make a purchase on come virtual mountain property? ME, ME, ME............I consider myself progressive while investing, but just can't wrap my head around this just yet. (SMH)

Poser

WKR
Who wants to go in an make a purchase on come virtual mountain property? ME, ME, ME............I consider myself progressive while investing, but just can't wrap my head around this just yet. (SMH)

There was a 4 million Properly purchase this week on Decentraland Metaverse. I suppose I thought I would get in cheap with this reality as it’s still be a good ways out, but it’s real world prices

Still though, once folks start using digital currencies to buy virtual lap dances, sunglasses and front row seats to Metallica, I’ll be leveraged.

CorbLand

WKR
You should lower your salary so you don’t pay taxes. Get it low enough and the Govt will give it all back!
I don't make enough for that to happen...my salary is also dependent on people paying their taxes as well, so there is that.

Paying taxes changes when it comes to salary in my opinion. When it comes to having to trade more time/responsibility for more money, you then have to start weighing the implications that the higher tax bracket has but when you are talking about passively making money, I am not going to not do it so I dont have to pay more taxes. (unless you end up paying more than you make)