The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

XOM up 7.09% for the week thats good news. at least that makes up for the volatile NVDA i have. I know the tech struggles in the January lull ill just keep buying the dips.

F with the big 12% day good for them

Grumman

WKR
Who else is in on Ford? That stock sit dead, going joes here for months and not it’s poppin’ off.

I wish I was. I remember watching it go just above $5 and I told myself I was going to buy the next dip into the $4’s…. Missed out for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Happy new year to everyone. Hopefully we can continue to help each other this year.

I ended the year a little over 100% in my IRA and 350% in my individual account that I use for risky short term plays. 2021 was my first whole year of playing in the stock market and I am glad to have made what I did.

Thank you all for your help and the information that has been shared. It has been awesome to see people be so willing to help. Coop, Broomd, OK and many others have shared so much information. Thank you.

I was able to put 2600 dollars in my IRA this week too. That’s the most I have been able to put in ever. I am super excited.
Congrats man

I can't help but feel like I shit the bed last year. I had a great year in 2020 to early 2021 but then kinda just bounced around all year. It's my own fault for not having discipline but I couldn't continually string winners.

My biggest learning this year is take profits on the bullshit and just hold the blue chips forever. I left so much money on the table not having conviction and selling off the tech, fintech, and blue chips too early for fear of the big recession. I need to cut losers early and hold the winners to valhalla.

Broomd

WKR
Congrats man

I can't help but feel like I shit the bed last year. I had a great year in 2020 to early 2021 but then kinda just bounced around all year. It's my own fault for not having discipline but I couldn't continually string winners.

My biggest learning this year is take profits on the bullshit and just hold the blue chips forever. I left so much money on the table not having conviction and selling off the tech, fintech, and blue chips too early for fear of the big recession. I need to cut losers early and hold the winners to valhalla.
Hang in there, ND!...still plenty of time to be Valhalla's ambassador of Kwan.

Many of us can relate to the frustration. Like Oak and others I tax harvested and dumped 10K+ worth of OTC red ink last week. That sucked. Could have done much more too, but will continue to hold some.
MM's lost huge with WSB, that crazy Jan OTC run and subsequent collapse was their doing, I'm certain of it.
Will we get another OTC run this early '22 like we did in '21 to clean up some stragglers?.. hope springs eternal.

Huge crude draw this week, builds elsewhere.
API:
Crude -6.432M
Gasoline +7.061M
Cushing +2.268M
Distillate +4.340M

Last edited:
Preach...

Doubled my $ in 6 months with TSLA & sold at $700... I shouldn't be disappointed with that but damn...I left a model S Plaid on the table

#1 thing I'll do is have a short fuse & a quick sell limit on the ones I don't have a lot of conviction for. No more letting my pride ride them off the cliff like Thelma & Louise.

#2 ...Pay attention even when too busy to pay attention....I missed out big time with RKT when the WSB crowd ran it up 75% overnight then it came right back down.

Who else is in on Ford? That stock sit dead, going joes here for months and not it’s poppin’ off.
A lot of the legacy auto manufactures are sitting on mountains of debt. Ford will have to do more that sell the Mach E and F150 Lightening. They will have to make money on them. They have tons of legacy costs that they will not easily escape. Ford was issuing debt at near 10% just some months ago. In the short term they are benefitting from EV mania as is GM. Long term may be a very different story. Due your own research.

1641346646705.png

From March 6, 2020
... Ford is looking attractive. Restructuring is winding down, several new models this fall including hybrid trucks and suvs.
Still holding from 6/22/2020
Yesterday I picked up SHLL.WS, and doubled down on F, and CDEV. Going long term on all.

Average $7/share. Enough gains to pay for the F150 hybrid I ordered last month.

A lot of the legacy auto manufactures are sitting on mountains of debt. Ford will have to do more that sell the Mach E and F150 Lightening. They will have to make money on them. They have tons of legacy costs that they will not easily escape. Ford was issuing debt at near 10% just some months ago. In the short term they are benefitting from EV mania as is GM. Long term may be a very different story. Due your own research.

View attachment 364031
I’m glad you mentioned this. I work at an auto group with a couple Ford dealerships. Ford is really good at screwing things up and not making money. If you saw how many parts they have on back order for broken down cars/trucks(most that are under warranty) it would blow your mind. No way to get any kind of answer on parts and new car inventory issues and zero give a shit about how it affects the customer. I do think their new ceo has them doing better but it’s still a cluster **** and very disorganized company overall. How they have the brand loyalty they have is mind blowing to me. And I’m not taking shots at their quality, just how they’re ran.

I do think their stock will keep riding this wave that all auto manufacturers are riding for awhile longer(6 months or so) but no way I’d want to own them long term. Not a well run company. Night and day difference between them and our Honda/Toyota stores relationship with the manufacturers. Especially our Toyota stores. Toyota has tons of new inventory coming to dealers and is past the worst of the chip shortage. And just an FYI I’m not a Toyota super fan at all. Just what I’m seeing. 20 years at the same dealership/auto group as a used car manager. Just my 2 cents so take it for what it’s worth.

Poser

WKR
From March 6, 2020

Still holding from 6/22/2020

Average $7/share. Enough gains to pay for the F150 hybrid I ordered last month.

giphy.gif

Poser

WKR
That 2:00 fed horsecrap hurt bad today

Will be interesting to see if we pull out of this tomorrow or if it stays red through Friday. This whole addressing inflation is going to cause some pain, I’m afraid, especially in the tech stock sector.