The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

$90 oil was a level of resistance, it's a clear shot to $100 oil now. Congrats to everyone that made that contrarian trade and bought in when oil was down to $30 two years ago (I did not make that contrarian trade.)

BBob

WKR
GTE 1.23 is almost for sure going to be some resistance. Too many aligning signals there to not be. It's flying a bit high at the moment so I'd expect some pull back/dip to reasonable EMA's along the way. Bears are keeping it in touch of 5EMA but bulls have been closing high above. At some point I expect bears to slam it back there on close.

GTE earnings 02/23/2022 Keep it in mind ;)

Last edited:

YBPS

WKR
GTE 1.23 is almost for sure going to be some resistance. Too many aligning signals there to not be. It's flying a bit high at the moment so I'd expect some pull back/dip to reasonable EMA's along the way. Bears are keeping it in touch of 5EMA but bulls have been closing high above. At some point I expect bears to slam it back there on close.

GTE earnings 02/23/2022 Keep it in mind ;)
What do you suspect for the ER?

Delta21

FNG
Very interesting thread, sounds like a lot of experience in here. For a guy new to the stock games, what would be the best way to jump in and learn? Any good book or videos to get started? Or any advice where to start and what would a good starting sum?

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Very interesting thread, sounds like a lot of experience in here. For a guy new to the stock games, what would be the best way to jump in and learn? Any good book or videos to get started? Or any advice where to start and what would a good starting sum?
I’m no expert, just side fun for me. Others on here quite a bit more knowledgeable and experienced. First whatever you invest, don’t be dependable on those monies. Two read these threads and other stock investing websites and to learn the definitions/language. Decide if you are In for the long haul or short term. As for picking stocks that’s always risky. Try to diversify. However I don’t I’m all in on oil stocks for the last year and with this current market. Research research and study the financials of the companies you invest in so you know the direction they are going. Good luck!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
$90 oil was a level of resistance, it's a clear shot to $100 oil now. Congrats to everyone that made that contrarian trade and bought in when oil was down to $30 two years ago (I did not make that contrarian trade.)
I never saw oil as a contrarian trade. It's not like oil is just going away....even if we went 100% to renewable energy. Petroleum is used in sooooo many things besides just making gasoline and diesel. When it's down big......you buy. When it's up big.....you sell.

BBob

WKR
What do you suspect for the ER?

Gran Tierra corporate update.

Highlights

• 2022 Production Year to Date: Gran Tierra’s current average production is approximately 30,000 BOPD.
  • 2021 Production In-Line with Guidance: Total Company 2021 average production was approximately 26,500 BOPD, in-line with prior guidance.
  • Significant Debt Reduction: Gran Tierra’s credit facility has been reduced to a remaining balance of $67.5 million as of December 31, 2021, down $122.5 million or 64% from a balance of $190 million as of December 31, 2020. With forecast 2022 free cash flow and recovery of tax receivables, Gran Tierra expects to fully pay off the remaining balance of its credit facility in the first half of 2022.
  • Key Upcoming 2022 Catalysts: At a $70/bbl Brent price, Gran Tierra’s 2022 capital program of $220-240 million is expected to generate 2022 cash flow of $270-290 million and EBITDA of $360-380 million. At an $80/bbl Brent price, the Company forecasts 2022 cash flow of $330-350 million and EBITDA of $440-460 million. The Company’s development program continues to focus on asset optimization, maintaining a low operating cost structure and increasing oil recovery factors across its extensive portfolio. Gran Tierra’s 2022 exploration campaign of up to 6-7 wells is expected to be fully-funded from forecast internally generated cash flow and is designed to focus on near-field prospects in proven basins with access to infrastructure, providing short cycle times from discovery to bringing production on-stream.

BBob

WKR
Pretty much every one of the popular oilers around here are up against some form of resistance today. If crude stays up they're going to have to bust to the upside at some point moving forward.

PYPL hitting some support. Something to watch.

landrun

FNG
Did anyone see that article about Lego sets outperforming all indexes, crypto and precious metals?