The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

CorbLand

WKR
People jumping in think this is a buying opportunity. Maybe. I am guessing tomorrow is a down day.
This is my guess too. I think people saw how much money was made in mid to late 2020 so every time the market takes a little fall, people throw money at it. Until the big money gets scared and starts pulling, then it will tank.

Not really buying stuff and haven't been for a couple of months but I am not going to stop my standard monthly contribution and purchases.

CorbLand

WKR
What is everyone thoughts on Google and doing a split?

In the past when tech companies have done splits see an increase of ~15% in the couple months after. A little worried that it wont be like this time due to uncertainty but I may risk it and buy a full share.

Ha! astute Danny, already bought. Take possession in early March. Salesman in Minnesota is hauling to Montana for price of gas. He boondocks there every other weekend with his sled.
I'll tip him well too. :)

274520648_1306315059868271_2592745761068547651_n.jpg
Ohhhh, she's purty. Let me know when you get an open seat!

In the past when tech companies have done splits see an increase of ~15% in the couple months after. A little worried that it wont be like this time due to uncertainty but I may risk it and buy a full share.
I bought in with that same thought. Not deep in, but dipped a toe.

Okhotnik

WKR
People jumping in think this is a buying opportunity. Maybe. I am guessing tomorrow is a down day.
who knows. every day is a c rap shoot. I had some highs on my energy stock sold sold a portion and sitting on 25 per cent cash. I have stop loss set pretty tight on tech. I'll be monitoring closely

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Moment of silence, grin.....sold 12000 shares of GTE today at 1.44.
Five bagger.
Felt really weird cutting loose with that...looong but rewarding hold. Still holding 30K shares.
That’s awesome man! Thanks to you I made my money on GTE as well and still have some in making more. Pays for the tags this season and next! Lol thanks!

NDGuy

WKR

In a normal market it would be worth snagging pre split. You are right that they usually jump after a split. People that couldn't afford a share or weren't comfortable paying 2k+ for 1 share now have access to it.

That's the perception at least.

Trial153

WKR

I have always been a bit heavy on google, bought my first shares back in may of 2013 and I have added to them substantially. Since the spit announcement I decided to average back in buy another share a week till it spits. With a 20 to 1 spit I figure I will have enough options to take a long and middle position on it.
Buy that share.

Okhotnik

WKR
I picked up some RUSL and VEON yesterday along with some more RSX, I know risky. Had an order in for yandex but was too slow. Up almost 20 k on RSX in one day. Might pick up more if it drops again. moved up my stop losses again today.

Last edited:

Stiffy11

FNG
Short interest is barely over 4% of float. 0.7 days to cover with weeks to the March 18th expiry.

Squeeze is incredibly unlikely. Someone handed you some bags to hold.

Edit: the above numbers are the Jan 31 data.

Currently 3.37% and 0.02 days to cover.

Just keep an eye on it. Im looking at the volume on this.

Broomd

WKR
Adios, Ampy...out with an okay 5.5k profit. Was poised to double that in Oct. before the pipeline leak. Glad she clawed back up after that fiasco.
Company will be dealing with the People's Republik of Kalifornia for awhile though. They'll be up every orifice looking for an excuse to beat 'em down.

Anyone else still holding Amplified? PT?

Last edited:
Adios, Ampy...out with an okay 5.5k profit. Was poised to double that in Oct. before the pipeline leak. Glad she clawed back up after that fiasco.
Company will be dealing with the People's Republik of Kalifornia for awhile though. They'll be up every orifice looking for an excuse to beat 'em down.

Anyone else still holding Amplified? PT?
I'm holding. Waiting to see how the lawsuit shakes out.