The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
CDEV merges with privately owned Colgate....
Personally I'm on the fence about this. Of course our share price plummets on the 'good' news.
Still holding here; do your DD.

Johnboy

WKR
Personally I'm on the fence about this. Of course our share price plummets on the 'good' news.

@Broomd, I was hoping you'd chime in on this. I'm reading that this merger solves an inventory problem, but the valuation of CDEV was on the low side. So there's good news and bad news that leave it somewhere in the middle. I look forward to seeing how it shakes out.

Are investigation a common practice with the quiet mergers? I see in the article they are looking to address to lower valuation. Any personal insight is greatly appreciated.

29A41F81-0662-4123-823C-6D76A18BC32C.jpeg

Broomd

WKR
Yeah, not liking it.
We didn't need the 1.4b in increased debt, and frankly all that matters to me after two years is SP.
Held here much longer than expected and don't want another year, much less two.

Damn, just aggravating.

Last edited:
Yeah, not liking it.
We didn't need the 1.4b in increased debt, and frankly all that matters to me after two years is SP.
Held here much longer than expected and don't want another year, much less two.

Damn, just aggravating.
Colgate is local to me. If they screw this up I’ll be on their front doorstep! 😬

bozeman

WKR
I think TSLA continues a downward trend until this Twitter issue is past........Musk has raised the ire of the woke crowd and they will continue to pile on him.......amazingly an old allegation just popped up......yes, he's standing firm, but I believe TSLA will make its way toward $500.....just my .02 (not financial advise).

Broomd

WKR
Yeah, it's getting sporty out there.
We try and avoid the political side of things here on this thread, but I'd be remiss to ignore the obvious, this administration is an abomination in every way possible. Good lord what a disaster. :( And no one, NO ONE is held accountable except 'MAGA extremists.' It would be funny if not so damn sad.

This goes way beyond money, markets, retirement accounts. Our country is in deep sh t.
Make sure you have some food, water, ammo stocked up, guys. Dark times.

I was talking to a major US farmer who is a customer of mine who said him and many others are forgoing fertilizer this year due to the cost and plan to collect the insurance when the crop bombs. He said if you want beans next winter, buy them now. (He farms one of the top producing soy farms) he expects a 30% yield on his crops

He also said this is the general plan for most farmers he has talked to. The food shortage will be rough this fall. I am sure it will effect pricing across the board.

southLA

WKR
I was talking to a major US farmer who is a customer of mine who said him and many others are forgoing fertilizer this year due to the cost and plan to collect the insurance when the crop bombs. He said if you want beans next winter, buy them now. (He farms one of the top producing soy farms) he expects a 30% yield on his crops
Do what now? Grew up on a farm, dad still farms soybeans, and we have planted more this year than ever. Don't ever put any fertilizer on them, and we certainly not expecting a 30% yield. Now other crops I can certainly see this being the case.

I think TSLA continues a downward trend until this Twitter issue is past........Musk has raised the ire of the woke crowd and they will continue to pile on him.......amazingly an old allegation just popped up......yes, he's standing firm, but I believe TSLA will make its way toward $500.....just my .02 (not financial advise).

I was getting ready to buy some at $700, but waited, glad I did. I’m still looking to get in though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Do what now? Grew up on a farm, dad still farms soybeans, and we have planted more this year than ever. Don't ever put any fertilizer on them, and we certainly not expecting a 30% yield. Now other crops I can certainly see this being the case.
Soil quality varies; perhaps your dad's is more suited for beans without using fertilizer?

I've read that farmers are really getting killed with fertilizer costs, and we already know about the costs of fuel and equipment right now.

CorbLand

WKR
Soil quality varies; perhaps your dad's is more suited for beans without using fertilizer?

I've read that farmers are really getting killed with fertilizer costs, and we already know about the costs of fuel and equipment right now.
Fuel is going to be the biggest killer. I know farmers that burn 10-15000 gallons a week during planting and harvesting.

CorbLand

WKR
Fuel is going to be the biggest killer. I know farmers that burn 10-15000 gallons a week during planting and harvesting.
Also, potatoes are harvested in October each year and then stored until spring/summer of the next year. So the potatoes you are buying now were dug on last years costs. 2023 will be when a massive spike in pricing hits.

Last edited:
I think we'll see more beans, less corn. The extra ethanol in gas this summer will exasperated corn supplies going into the winter. With feed corn prices high, I bet more cattle will be butchered early instead of fed through the winter.

I'm expecting beef prices to stay stable through the summer and early fall before spiking in the winter.

Wheat prices will continue to climb this year and next.

Food oils too.

Coffee prices are up from the freeze that took out a lot of the arabica bushes in Brazil last year. Another light frost just hit the same areas. It takes 2 to 3 years for transplants to start producing.

A full deep freeze and pantry are looking like my best performing investments at the moment.

CorbLand

WKR
I think we'll see more beans, less corn. The extra ethanol in gas this summer will exasperated corn supplies going into the winter. With feed corn prices high, I bet more cattle will be butchered early instead of fed through the winter.

I'm expecting beef prices to stay stable through the summer and early fall before spiking in the winter.

Wheat prices will continue to climb this year and next.

Food oils too.

Coffee prices are up from the freeze that took out a lot of the arabica bushes in Brazil last year. Another light frost just hit the same areas. It takes 2 to 3 years for transplants to start producing.

A full deep freeze and pantry are looking like my best performing investments at the moment.
My wife and I are under contract to buy a house. We were talking about all the things that we will need to buy when we move in. I told her a full storage room and a garden are the first things I am worried about. She wanted an air fryer.