The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I'm in your camp. I hate to admit it, but it looks like from my untrained eye we have a way to go to the bottom.

Broomd

WKR
Not trying to be the downer here, but how low do y'all think the DOW could go?
My thought is it could get around or below pre-covid, 25K or less even.
Anyone else got a highly uneducated guess like mine?
Yikes, 'pre-covid' would be unbelievable losses.
Personally don't think it will go that low, but who knows.

This economy and admin is an unmitigated disaster and all the masses get fed is lies and excuses. November is going to be epic carnage for dems, worst blowout in political history.
Likely that the POS Pelosi will be sent packing once and for all.

go_deep

WKR

This economy and admin is an unmitigated disaster and all the masses get fed is lies and excuses. November is going to be epic carnage for dems, worst blowout in political history.

I'm just wondering how much of the growth since then is truly real. See alot of articles of people with through the roof consumer debt, just fell like a lot of those people might sell single stock, stop funding retirement plans, maybe even cash out small accounts in an effort to keep food in the fridge and the lights on at their house.
Large amount of money could get pulled out of the market, along with not a lot of new money flowing into the market.

Not cheering for a market crash by any means, just trying to be honest about the situation, and they're a lot of smart people on here, so just looking for other options.

JungleDan

Lil-Rokslider

we should invest like her husband does, we'd really beat the market

OldGrayJB

WKR
The market bottom is going to be tougher to predict this time. DOW is already down about 17%. Couple that with a loss in purchasing power from 8% bidenflation and we may be close to the bottom now. It sounds crazy but inflation may keep the markets from dropping as much as they traditionally would.

Funds like DIA and IVV are tempting me.

joel

FNG
I haven’t been buying lately, just accumulating cash. I can’t help but think we’re in for some rough water. I was hoping tech would drop a bit more, but missed that boat. What are you guys eyeing up?

Is this the period of “buy the fear”, or are we going to bleed more?
More bleeding.....IMO.

Okhotnik

WKR
I think below 26,000 easily after a few bounces.

CorbLand

WKR
Your way more optimistic than I am. Too many people actually believe the bullshit and blame Russia and COVID for all the problems.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Your way more optimistic that I am. Too many people actually believe the bullshit and blame Russia and COVID for all the problems.
Mea culpa....when I read that original question I immediately thought of the covid plunge with my response, not 'pre-covid.' Pre-covid DOW was right at 30K and NASDAQ had solid numbers.
Have tried to be bullish for much of the last two years, but at this point I don't trust anything with the stock market.

O&G has some of us up big, but the exit door is *right there*.....hanging on hopeful for double digits with CDEV and I'm likely history.

CorbLand

WKR
Mea culpa....when I read that original question I immediately thought of the covid plunge with my response, not 'pre-covid.' Pre-covid DOW was right at 30K and NASDAQ had solid numbers.
Have tried to be bullish for much of the last two years, but at this point I don't trust anything with the stock market.

O&G has some of us up big, but the exit door is *right there*.....hanging on hopeful for double digits with CDEV and I'm likely history.
I am young and in it for the long haul with most of my stocks.

I just dont think we will see the landslide election that people think we will. Too many people that dont understand things and think that free money will solve everything.

kayvon

FNG
imo S&P could drop to under 2000. Even less if the fed ACTUALLY start QT. There will be a bounce either this week or next, but I'd sell into it.

He who counts the votes....

Broomd

WKR
I am young and in it for the long haul with most of my stocks.

I just dont think we will see the landslide election that people think we will. Too many people that dont understand things and think that free money will solve everything.
I'd be inclined to agree re. the '24 POTUS race, but the '22 midterms won't draw the attention that the big one will with the activists. Many libs are retiring and/or running for cover. Just the primiaries have shown us that Republican turnout is historically high and growing.

Not only that, this is a unique time in history; people everywhere are genuinely disgusted with just how badly that this admin and woke dems have trashed this economy.

CorbLand

WKR
I'd be inclined to agree re. the '24 POTUS race, but the '22 midterms won't draw the attention that the big one will with the activists. Many libs are retiring and/or running for cover. Just the primiaries have shown us that Republican turnout is historically high and growing.

Not only that, this is a unique time in history; people everywhere are genuinely disgusted with just how badly that this admin and woke dems have trashed this economy.
It will be interesting to see what happens. I have what I want to happen, what I think will happen and a couple theories of what possibly could happen but I keep those locked in my head.

CorbLand

WKR
ARKK at $37-- lower than the March 20, 2020 crash. Paypal at $71, down from $310....now at 2017 prices, 5 years wiped away.

Energy looks like the rock right now.
And energy is not doing what it should be. Hopefully one day it will break out to where it should be.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
ARKK at $37-- lower than the March 20, 2020 crash. Paypal at $71, down from $310....now at 2017 prices, 5 years wiped away.

Energy looks like the rock right now.
From what I've seen from CW over the past year or so, I'd run in the opposite direction.

I'm going to make a note of ARKK and today's price and revisit it in 6-12 months.

Literally everything I've read said this has the potential to be a sustained bear market.

Good luck all,

Eddie

P.S. CDEV is holing up quite well, I see.