The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I’ve had a few times that I noticed there were a bunch of new post that I had missed and didn’t think I had been notified.

I checked my alerts and noticed an old alert for this thread that I had never clicked on so the site wasn’t sending me new ones. Not sure if that’s what’s happening to anyone else but Ive had problems with it before.

That doesn’t seem to be the issue with my feed. It’s just not showing up at all. I have to click on old posts I’ve made to get here , or search for the thread.

If anyone has a fix please let me know, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I checked my alerts and noticed an old alert for this thread that I had never clicked on so the site wasn’t sending me new ones. Not sure if that’s what’s happening to anyone else but Ive had problems with it before.
I do have that happen and it’s not just this thread, it’s across the board and probably a normal function but even keeping up with this thread it still seems to drop off at times. Mby it’s just too big for its britches and the software can’t keep up??? :ROFLMAO:

Decker9

WKR
Checked the top gainers near the end of today and seen InVitae corp (NVTA) up 150% and running. Jumped in for the last 45 minutes of trading and did well. It ended 250+% up today, might be worth watching tomorrow.

If meme stocks are anyones thing, I believe next week is the deadline to get in on AMC’s new little preferred stock dividend.

Cheers.

Broomd

WKR
Looks like CDEV might make another run at double digits here. Big question is will I be smart enough to cash in before it heads into another low cycle. My history would suggest no.
Hey, you sound exactly like me Bob!! lol....
Funny thing is who knows what could happen with this merger. Imagine that stock at about $12.50, good lord, the quan!

Hey, you sound exactly like me Bob!! lol....
Funny thing is who knows what could happen with this merger. Imagine that stock at about $12.50, good lord, the quan!
I don’t disagree and I don’t have a need for that cash for another purchase, but damn these Cycles are getting old 😠

CorbLand

WKR
I'll let you guys know when I sell so you can double down when it goes up another 40% afterwards.
If you would like to just go ahead and do that now, that would be great.

I am just sitting on the same shit I have been for a couple months. Last thing I bought besides my monthly to VOO is Google and that hasnt gone as planned.

Bobbyboe

WKR
I’m also still sitting on oil. With the GTE looking at buybacks, I’m hoping for a big pop. Especially if oil prices jump again. What I really need is those Reddit diamond hand traders to hop onto the GTE train!

I did buy into LUV near their recent lows. I just don’t see people backing off of travel. I plan on this being a long term hold.

Took my profits out of LABU today. Sold GOOG. Dumped DNN too. Paying off the wife's Ascent with those profits, combined with the CCXI win.

Don't feel like taking the risk right now but I think LABU is still a good play, so I'll keep an eye if it dips close to 10.

Still holding UUUU but will sell that on the next run.

Watch CTXR, anything around 1.00 is a good buy.

Corporations here in the Permian Basin are forecasting -5 more years of overwhelming activity (heard that before). These companies can’t hire people quick enough to keep up with demand. No one wants to work. The father of one of the kids in my daughters class is the CEO of a major global company. He said they are down 700 employees. Problem is, no one wants to come back to work. One would have thought the end of the “hand out train” would be their demise. I guess not.

Broomd

WKR
Corporations here in the Permian Basin are forecasting -5 more years of overwhelming activity (heard that before). These companies can’t hire people quick enough to keep up with demand. No one wants to work. The father of one of the kids in my daughters class is the CEO of a major global company. He said they are down 700 employees. Problem is, no one wants to come back to work. One would have thought the end of the “hand out train” would be their demise. I guess not.
Crazy.
It begs the question, how are these un-employed people surviving? Credit card debt? Utilizing savings?
Plus many of these same folks are signing on the dotted line for a new car or $80K platinum F150....it's all baffling. I wish I knew.

As a 20-something young kid I would have died to sign on to one of these $125K basin jobs, would've worked 7-8 years and been set for life with a modest cabin in a western state.
The laziness these days in unbelievable.

svivian

WKR
As a guy who has to hire people who work for a corporation we are seeing our remote jobs get 25X the applicants. Its frustrating because i need people to work at my branch but everyone wants a remote job with a $100k salary...

CorbLand

WKR
How many of these people not wanting to work made out like bandits over the last couple years? Broomd wasn't it your friend that clocked over a million in profits just from CDEV? I think there are a large group of people that just don't want to work but there is a large group that made a killing and don't have to work.

My brother has over 250% equity in his house. He could sell his house live out of a camper. It would take him nearly 4 years of lost salary before he is where he is today. That's a lot of money that people can live off of.

Broomd

WKR
How many of these people not wanting to work made out like bandits over the last couple years? Broomd wasn't it your friend that clocked over a million in profits just from CDEV? I think there are a large group of people that just don't want to work but there is a large group that made a killing and don't have to work.

My brother has over 250% equity in his house. He could sell his house live out of a camper. It would take him nearly 4 years of lost salary before he is where he is today. That's a lot of money that people can live off of.
That's a solid point. I do know a guy that clocked a mill at CDEV, but that isn't the norm for 99% of people. Many people I talk with everyday have no clue about the markets and equities; they just throw money at their 401k.

That said, you are right about the housing values. A guy living in SoCal that gets willed his folks small cottage-type house (worth $19K in 1967) sells it for $615k and he moves on to buy something around here, or Boise, or Bozeman, etc. for $410k. And he lives off the $200k for the next few years.
I guess that's one possibility, but it's still all crazy.

Personally I'm glad my wife and I are debt free, been that way for about 13 years. We planned and worked hard for that so semi-retirement and retirement would be comfortable. So far, so good.
Now if Cdevil would rise and finally complete this story.... :)

CorbLand

WKR
That's a solid point. I do know a guy that clocked a mill at CDEV, but that isn't the norm for 99% of people. Many people I talk with everyday have no clue about the markets and equities; they just throw money at their 401k.

That said, you are right about the housing values. A guy living in SoCal that gets willed his folks small cottage-type house (worth $19K in 1967) sells it for $615k and he moves on to buy something around here, or Boise, or Bozeman, etc. for $410k. And he lives off the $200k for the next few years.
I guess that's one possibility, but it's still all crazy.

Personally I'm glad my wife and I are debt free, been that way for about 13 years. We planned and worked hard for that so semi-retirement and retirement would be comfortable. So far, so good.
Now if Cdevil would rise and finally complete this story.... :)
I agree that for most people its not the norm but I think there are a lot of people that did.

I think there is also a major shift in that people are not taking "traditional" jobs. I haven't checked in a bit but unemployment rates haven't drastically increased, which means people are either employed or not looking to be employed. I think there are a lot that are the latter but at the same time, social media, online work, hell onlyfans has allowed people to make money and they don't need to fill the more traditional positions. There was a girl making 75K a month on onlyfans. Why would she go be an accountant?

Hell for the last five years all the rage has been "get a side hustle." I know half a dozen people that have turned their side hustle into their full time gig in the last two years.

Just because a job doesn't get filled doesn't mean that people dont want to work.

Last edited: