The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

anybody else read about Morgan Stanley's chief economist projecting up to a 24% drop in the S&P 500 through the front end of 2023 putting it between 3000 and 3300? They think it will rebound by the end of 2023 but drop pretty hard early.

Any thoughts from those with a lot more insight than I have?

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
WOW thats a massive draw. i haven't been playing the oil game for a while since my latest gains. you all still hanging on to any oil stocks? This market doesn't have a lot of faith in it for me. Almost rather just keep paying off debts

Broomd

WKR
WOW thats a massive draw. i haven't been playing the oil game for a while since my latest gains. you all still hanging on to any oil stocks? This market doesn't have a lot of faith in it for me. Almost rather just keep paying off debts
That includes a 1.4mm SPR release as well! Crazy numbers.

Still holding here, $12 is the sweet spot for PR for me. Trying to hang on.

Broomd

WKR
What exactly does that mean?
That means 12mm barrels of oil were drawn down from supply--that's a huge figure.
Basically says that there is plenty of demand (especially with the holiday) which = stable or rising O & G product need and stock prices. If demand were way down prices would presumably fall.

It's all about supply and demand.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
WTF was yesterday. Nothing Powell said seemed positive. Stay the course, mission not accomplished etc

Marshfly

WKR
WTF was yesterday. Nothing Powell said seemed positive. Stay the course, mission not accomplished etc
Market reactions to Fed announcements aren't good vs not good. They are expected vs not expected. Everything he said was "same course." Also pretty much confirmed 50 basis points in the next hike.

That said, my opinion is that that little rally will be short lived. People got excited but nothing changed. Also, SPX hit the top of the downtrend we have been bouncing down all year.

go_deep

WKR
Ruger announced a nice special dividend of $5/share. Wish I would have bought more over the past month.

Good lord, I owned 100 shares of RGR in the late 90's, wish I never would have sold that. Probably just went drinking for a weekend with the money.

BWlongbow

Lil-Rokslider
Dollar General opened down $25 per share yesterday. I got on board after the drop. It is headed back up today. Time will tell if it makes it back

Broomd

WKR
LKNCY - Luckin Coffee killin' it @ $22.91, should be relist coming very soon.
Been a long hold.

Not a big fan of CCP stocks, my one exception--have shared this one in the past here.
When a company has 8k stores--adding about 20 a week, there's serious revenue at play. Was holding for $23 and $18K profit, will extend that to $33 given relist hasn't even happened.

Really curious as to IPO price at this point, this stock was $40-$50 pre-delist (fraud) and with 1/3 the stores.

Last edited:

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
PR is down to $9/share and well off its recent high of ~$11.50/share.

If it drops to $7, I just might have to back up the truck. Well, I don't have a truck, but I do have a Miata so that'll have to do. :ROFLMAO:

Eddie

Anyone have any insight into GTE lately? It basically held steady for a while around $1.30, now has been on a downward trend since mid November. But everything I read about it is still positive