The season ends before it starts....

xziang

WKR
First, hope you to a speedy recovery and take care of yourself. I am in the same age bracket as yourself. If and when you head back out just need to be careful and very cautious. My season was a bust last year due to foot injury and this year due to new job. :( Stay home and try to get some deer hunts in close by.

SWOHTR

WKR
Sorry to hear.

A year or so ago, RMEF ran an article about a guy who was diagnosed with cancer, didn’t tell his friends and family at first, and went out hunting alone. Came back, but reflected upon it and realized it was the most selfish thing he’d done and apologized to everyone (after telling them he had cancer). Good on you for having the thought to not do something like that.

Wish you all the best! Hopefully next year can happen!

Sorry man. Same age bracket. Hope someone responds with better advice. For me take it slow and start building confidence in getting out again. Bring a friend if possible but in the end time will ease a lot of your worries
Good luck

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
All the tests check out at first, on day 3 of being in the hospital and a TEE test they found a small hole in my heart. Pretty normal from what they tell me and the surgery is straight forward to correct it so that’s a blessing.

A small hole in the heart is "pretty normal"?????

Hope they get it all figured out and you get back to normal.

diggerak

FNG
Dang hate to here this I'm 40 and some times when I stay out in the heat working hard I get an awful headache. Makes a person wonder.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Man I'm sorry to hear about that. My wife works at one of the countries premier stroke centers and you would be surprised how many young people have strokes. The good news is with hard work many end up not being limited at all. Target panic is fixable and hopefully with time your short term memory will reboot. If you have limitations don't ignore them. If you have to hunt with a partner, do it. Train hard and rehab like your doctor tells you to and you'll be back out there next year running an arrow through something.

Scoot

WKR
Oh man, that is a huge bummer on many levels. Hunting season may be lost, but you've got bigger fish to fry IMO. Good luck to you with recovery and I hope all goes well. Prayers sent from MN.

Fatcamp

WKR
Good luck.

Rehab all the things. Maintain your healthy lifestyle. Stay positive and you may well be 100% in no time.

Pezboat

WKR
That’s too bad, but take it easy for a while and reflect upon how truly good you have it with family and friends. You may need a season or two off from the woods, but you’ll be back. And next time you’re out there, you won’t take 1 second for granted.

K

Kootenay Hunter

That sucks, wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sure you'll be back it harder than ever next year.

Hope you make a full recovery. But if holding on target continues to be a problem during your recovery, you could look into a medical exemption/accommodation for the state you want to hunt.

John, may you have a speedy recovery.

My two years ago my dad (57) also had a stroke when we we skiing the powder in the back of Keystone two years ago. He was taken to Denver where is recovering started. The brain is great because it will rewire it’s self to function as it did before. Dad also had short term memory issues at first, but with time it’s gotten better. We plan to go back to Colorado next spring! I went to his first DR’s appointment with him. His last question for the dr, “Can I still go skiing?” She said “yes, you will be fine to ski again”.

Your story hits home for me. I remember the fear in his eyes when he was having trouble talking and gather his thoughts. I told him you got this dad. Couple days later we could finally take him back to Missouri.

Just as I told him “this is the new you” and in time you will get better.

Family support, rehab, and the will to go forward are go to help you a lot.

We are here for a fellow hunting buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk