The serrrated knife blade.

boom

WKR
Got my first one. I opted for the Spyderco Aqua Salt. I’m blown away at how it cuts. I bought it for all my recent salt water playtime between hunt seasons.

Nothing cuts rope better. I’m so careful with the thing. One bad move and the wound will look like a chainsaw injury.

I bet it would butcher a big game animal pretty quickly.

I have not sharpened it yet. No need. Cleaning fish is comical. Like the fish had a zipper installed

I’m rethinking my prejudice to knife “teeth”

Mosby

WKR
I have used Cutco knives on elk and I am not sure there is a better knife for the job. They used to have a special at the Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA of buy one get one free. I think they were $25 at the time. I wish I had bought a couple more. Now they are $85 on sale. They feel like a cheap knife but you can't argue with the performance.

Beendare

WKR
I personally don't like a serrated knife for processing. The tips of the serrations 'snag' for lack of a better term making it harder to separate muscle groups cleanly. Serrations are great for cutting Rope or straps where you need the serrated edge to dig in. I like a smooth edge for meat.

Then there is the sharpening....its tougher to get those serrated knives back to original sharpness....especially the Cutco knives as those are an exceptionally hard Rockwell. The Cutco strategy is to use a lesser steel at higher Rockwell. Decent knives...but they are hard to resharpen on your own... then add serrations to the equation and most will need to send them back to Cutco for sharpening.

I had a Spyderco endura full serated for a while (gave it to my dad). That was a pretty mean knife, granted I didn't cut any animals open with it. It seems people sharpen them with round diamond files. Looks tedious.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
I was previously a skeptic of the serrated knife benefits, but now am a firm believer. I used the Cutco serrated on a moose hunt last year and was impressed. I butchered 2 moose with mine and never felt it lacked in sharpness. After I returned home, I cut up 3 deer as well with the same knife and it still worked as effortless as that 1st moose.
On a side note for those that like the serrated knives, or would like to consider trying one at a reasonable price check out Victorinox Serrated Pelter knife. At @ $6, its unreal on its ability. A few years ago, I skinned just shy of 150 coyotes with this knife and the beauty of it is that you could pull it through one of those junk V sharpeners a few times and it was as good as new again. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

danarnold

WKR
my cutco serrated has done 2 whitetail, 1 bull, and 2 beef this season, the beef had been penned for a bit and had a lot of debris in the hide in areas dulling it a slight bit.
I'm happy to send it back yearly for a free sharpening, there a cutco dealer not far from me so no shipping fee either

LostArra

WKR
Just to see if it would work, two years ago I skinned/field dressed/quartered (gutless) an entire cow elk with only a serrated Little Vicki.
Hunting buddies thought I was nuts.
Worked fine, probably not ideal if you needed to remove the head.

dtrkyman

WKR
very impressed with the cutco knife I have been using, 3 or 4 whitetail and zero sign of dulling!