"The Shield" Archery Backstop

I just use quarter inch bolts and fender washers. Two metal fence posts on the side and a 2X4 across the top (bottom edge of mat just touching ground). If you want it higher use 4X4 posts on the side. Two man job to lift and hold those mats, they're heavy.
Kind of hard to pull arrows out of them, good incentive not to miss the target.
Might have to set this up at my house!

I have a shield and am happy with it. I mostly use it in my basement where something like hay bales are impractical and I like that I can pull it down and move it into my garage etc ... I don't have anywhere I can shoot farther than ~34 yds (into my garage) at my house and having this helps if something goes wrong. In my case a family of 5 and we've had the whoops moment where it's saved the day.
These might be great for in the house!

Man this looks awesome. I love shooting my block targets or foam targets when I’m shooting broadheads, but dang I like having a big back stop too when I stretch out 75-125 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have a few contractor garbage bags filled with plastic and foam sheeting. They stop everything well and when they look like crap....I just drop it in a new bag.

They're not just my backstop, I shoot them intentionally.

bat-cave

WKR
These might be great for in the house!
Yep, this is all I use mine for. I have have a set of hooks in the 2x4's in the rafters that I have hooks from with a short piece of rope and a carabiner that I can quickly connect to the loops on the Shield. There are plenty of ways to hang it and a PVC through the loops would make it hang nicely ... but mine preference is to just use the loops + carabiners. This way I can pull it down and fold it into thirds and easily carry it upstairs and into my garage and then back down again for crappy weather etc ...

Yep, this is all I use mine for. I have have a set of hooks in the 2x4's in the rafters that I have hooks from with a short piece of rope and a carabiner that I can quickly connect to the loops on the Shield. There are plenty of ways to hang it and a PVC through the loops would make it hang nicely ... but mine preference is to just use the loops + carabiners. This way I can pull it down and fold it into thirds and easily carry it upstairs and into my garage and then back down again for crappy weather etc ...
Great insight man, Im going to order one tonight!

That would be an awesome setup for sure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backstop.jpgTarget setup.jpg

Stumbled on this thread and thought I'd throw this out there. The stall mat things works like a charm. Here is my setup. Ive gotta put bigger wheels on that thing tho cause pushing it up the hill is a workout.

I put the target in front of my compost/cut grass pile. At the GF's target is partway up the hill, a miss is in the hillside. Always nervous about shooting at the house so 40yds is absolute max, usually just 20-30yds. 40 is at the sidewalk and to the back fence.

I have "the Shield"
It works great for errant shots at long range. And also when I first got my wife in to archery, it gave her a lot of confidence to try shooting beyond 20-30 yds. Nice I can just put up or take down in back yard when needed.

Block

WKR
I just use 1” ply since the hay doesn’t stop much once it’s old.,.

Attachments

• 0428CE11-2F9A-411E-9C96-F96397D2AA22.jpeg
    0428CE11-2F9A-411E-9C96-F96397D2AA22.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 9