The super duper "Lightweight Rifle Project"...w/Poll

Which do you chose for a sheep hunt if you shoot them both the same?

• Gunwerks ClymR in 6.5 PRC

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Kimber Mountain Ascent in .308

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
OP
Kotaman

Kotaman

WKR
Kota
I’d choose the GW rifle given it seems you’re confident in the rifle and how well it shoots.
Just curious what size groups does it shoot at 500?

Over 400 yards, I only shoot steel. My steel is 12 x 12 and I don't know that I've ever missed that gong out to 800 yards with the Gunwerks. At 400, it will shoot softball size groups for me all day. After shooting a TON of rounds through both rifles the past two weekends, I've made up my mind. The Gunwerks just plain shoots better at distance. Nothing wrong with the accuracy of the Kimber. For a stock, factory rifle, the thing shoots, but not as good as the Gunwerks.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Over 400 yards, I only shoot steel. My steel is 12 x 12 and I don't know that I've ever missed that gong out to 800 yards with the Gunwerks. At 400, it will shoot softball size groups for me all day. After shooting a TON of rounds through both rifles the past two weekends, I've made up my mind. The Gunwerks just plain shoots better at distance. Nothing wrong with the accuracy of the Kimber. For a stock, factory rifle, the thing shoots, but not as good as the Gunwerks.

Seems like a well thought out choice, good luck on your hunt!