The Wall Tent Shop with future review...

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone. Just wanted to update you on the review coming up! It will be out soon so keep an eye out! It was an exciting review to do and very happy with the results!

I did. Another member here told me to size up to a 14 x16 vs a 12x14 for my son and I and stove table and gear. For basecamp I think it’s netter a little big in the event of a extra person. Thank you

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all! Got some new accessories for the wall tent to test out! Coat hanger, storage pouch, bow rack and gun rack!

This will make the experience even better!

Camo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the exact same tent, with the exception that I opted for the rear door instead of the window. I am surprised you ran into the window concern with the 4 rafter configuration, as I have the same design and that is not an issue. However, my tent is about 5 years old. I cut my own frame using the provided schedule on the website. For reference, on the 12x14 I get 3 full size cots in the back, with stove on one side and 6' table opposite front. Additionally, I have a 10x10 Selkirk. These are my third/fourth canvas wall tents and extremely happy with the tent and company/service.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the exact same tent, with the exception that I opted for the rear door instead of the window. I am surprised you ran into the window concern with the 4 rafter configuration, as I have the same design and that is not an issue. However, my tent is about 5 years old. I cut my own frame using the provided schedule on the website. For reference, on the 12x14 I get 3 full size cots in the back, with stove on one side and 6' table opposite front. Additionally, I have a 10x10 Selkirk. These are my third/fourth canvas wall tents and extremely happy with the tent and company/service.

Camo,

Glad to hear all is working out well for you! As you have noted, we have made a few design changes throughout the years. As it sounds like you use them quite a bit, feel free to reach out with any feedback on how we can make them better. We're always looking to improve!

We hope you are enjoying this snow as much as us and if you ever need anything just give us a shout.

Tyler

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 12x14 for cooking/dining hall :cool:, 14x16 for sleeping quarters and a large stove from these guys a couple of years ago for me and about 4 friends. Didn't like the stove arrester that came with the stovepipe in that it clogged up too easily. I made one myself out of hardware cloth and is about 3 feet long and I think should last the whole week without getting clogged up. My only problem with the tents was one corner of the 14x16 tent was cut improperly and is about 2-3 inches short in the corner. I called the Co. and they were willing to accommodate me with fixing it or a discount but I have decided to live with it. It isn't really that big of deal and I really like the tents. I am thinking about putting in 1/4" inch plywood floors this year instead of a tarp flooring. Need to make it non-slip somehow and am open to suggestions.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought a 12x14 for cooking/dining hall :cool:, 14x16 for sleeping quarters and a large stove from these guys a couple of years ago for me and about 4 friends. Didn't like the stove arrester that came with the stovepipe in that it clogged up too easily. I made one myself out of hardware cloth and is about 3 feet long and I think should last the whole week without getting clogged up. My only problem with the tents was one corner of the 14x16 tent was cut improperly and is about 2-3 inches short in the corner. I called the Co. and they were willing to accommodate me with fixing it or a discount but I have decided to live with it. It isn't really that big of deal and I really like the tents. I am thinking about putting in 1/4" inch plywood floors this year instead of a tarp flooring. Need to make it non-slip somehow and am open to suggestions.

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the issues you had with our products. We have taken these instances and made our products / QC much better since your purchase. If there is ever anything else that needs attention, please let us know.

If you decide to keep a loose floor, the floor we offer is an 18oz vinyl which has a rubbery/plasticy feel too it. We have received positive feedback on it's durability and lack of being slippery due to the makeup of the material.

Thank you for being a loyal and honest customer.

Tyler

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Tyler.

No, I have thought a lot about this floor issue over the last year since I went 1st Rifle last year in Colorado. Had a lot of snow when we set up tent and a lot moisture in the ground. This combined with the uneven nature of the ground got me to thinking about a better solution as I did have a heavy duty vinyl floor from a Walmart type store that was about 13 mil thick. I cannot put up my tent whenever I want and wait for dry conditions, I am forced to deal with the hand/conditions I am dealt when setting up camp. My thought is to paint one side of the plywood that will be next to the ground and expose the other side to our feet. Although the unfinished side will get muddy from the boots to some degree, should be able to scrap/sweep off the mud and control our flooring a little better. Will have a boot
scrapper outside of tents.

PS Did I tell you that I like my tents. :)

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Tyler.

No, I have thought a lot about this floor issue over the last year since I went 1st Rifle last year in Colorado. Had a lot of snow when we set up tent and a lot moisture in the ground. This combined with the uneven nature of the ground got me to thinking about a better solution as I did have a heavy duty vinyl floor from a Walmart type store that was about 13 mil thick. I cannot put up my tent whenever I want and wait for dry conditions, I am forced to deal with the hand/conditions I am dealt when setting up camp. My thought is to paint one side of the plywood that will be next to the ground and expose the other side to our feet. Although the unfinished side will get muddy from the boots to some degree, should be able to scrap/sweep off the mud and control our flooring a little better. Will have a boot
scrapper outside of tents.

PS Did I tell you that I like my tents. :)

I see! Something I have had customers with plywood floors use before is an anti-skid additive in their paint, should you want to paint both sides. I actually used this additive on the stairs to my basement to keep the lil one from slipping.

I am glad to hear you like your tent! Let us know if you ever need anything else.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 16x20 Wilderness tent from Rich and crew about 4 years ago. Excellent material and workmanship. It was shipped super fast and let’s just say... it’s a huge tent. I researched a lot before buying and I’m very happy with my tent. I plan to buy a smaller tent from them before fall. A 16x20 for one fella is a little too big but great for 4 persons. Great customer service.
38b48e3017455867efa0014327eee5ca.jpg
df591da419bb7effff5b768634ae149f.jpg
08a27675f2846d442ffe7d74d99d86ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought a 16x20 Wilderness tent from Rich and crew about 4 years ago. Excellent material and workmanship. It was shipped super fast and let’s just say... it’s a huge tent. I researched a lot before buying and I’m very happy with my tent. I plan to buy a smaller tent from them before fall. A 16x20 for one fella is a little too big but great for 4 persons. Great customer service.
38b48e3017455867efa0014327eee5ca.jpg
df591da419bb7effff5b768634ae149f.jpg
08a27675f2846d442ffe7d74d99d86ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TN HUNTER - Glad to hear all has worked out well for you! Thanks for sharing the pics! Should you need anything else on our end, just let us know! Best of luck with your hunts this year.

Tyler