There it is setting on my couch in the box waiting for me

FLATHEAD

WKR
I fully understand, but not just my job - life in general.
Nothing left for myself anymore.

That’s definitely not living. Are you close to retirement and just waiting it out? If not, might be time to start looking at your options and polishing up that resume.

Northpark

WKR
Ya seriously don’t do that. I’ve been there. It took moving to a new state with a new job, new house. Less home improvement projects equals more hunting and range time and a happier wife which also means more hunting.

If you need to talk let some one know!

Broomd

WKR
isn't a bitch when your job can drain you down so much that you just don't have it in you to get excited about a new gun or rifle ?
Hang in there man. The sun will rise tomorrow and you'll take pleasure in that new gun.
Kudos for the commitment to the grind; but as was said, don't let work dominate your life. It's just too damn short for that.

We've all known workaholics who hated their jobs but still slaved away their whole lives only to die almost immediately before or after retirement. DON'T BE THAT GUY!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Crap this is a depressing topic. Just get off your ass and go do something other than wallowing in your own sorrow. You need help get it but get back to enjoying life otherwise it will kill you. I have know two people who thought the answer to their problems lay at the bottom of a bottle, they were both wrong and now both dead.

I get it man. Building my forever home myself on top of my normal job and it has been probably the most stressful miserable year of my life. Didn't go with my dad on his oryx hunt this year cause work and house was crazy. Haven't done anything hunting related this year besides went out one afternoon after work for a late season dove shoot. I can't remember the last time I missed the deer season opener and haven't even stepped into the woods this year.

To anyone reading this, at a minimum get a job that allows some breaks / downtime (mine usually does, just a crazy year with covid, food industry). Second, if you are gonna build a home, pay a contractor to do it. You can save a lot of money doing it yourself like I am but man will you pay for it in stress, time to complete the project, and impact to family with your constant pissed off attitude.

Hope brighter days are ahead of you my friend

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Yea things seem better, got to Vent really good to the Wife and at the end she came up with a solid response. All lit is is words right now listen and then blow them off. The hours will come to an end and you all can calm down. she said some other shit about him being under some stress too, But I practiced just blowing it off and it worked

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Yes it is, going to be one great Hog gun when I am done with
it.
I will be off for a couple of Days after I get some shots in my eyes, can mount the Hog scope I have for now and save and buy me a good to grea5 Reflex reddot and give that a go.
Seem s ammo is not going to be seriously hard to find but it is not cheep by any means. good thing My gun shop will recieve my online orders at no cost except a buck for the back ground check. So online here I come for the Lead free and bulk 308

Hang in there man. I know the feeling. I went into management a couple of years ago and it consumes me. Forgot my wife's birthday 2 years in a row now since then. Her birthday was the 6th. Made for an interesting talk last week. Starting to question if its worth it.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Fuk thank you Mine is the 22nd and I have for got is for 2 /3 years also.
I figure Ill get the scope on go down to the refuge and spend a good day really taking my time zeroing it in.
spend a couple days take the wife with me, and really blow off the stress, relax shoot something.