Thermal for the working man

Stefan

Can you guys compare the actual detection range of these 2 units?
The detection ranges will vary because of core used phenom 640 vs hogster 384 and native magnification. One if a rifle scope and one is not. The Phenom is a handheld scanner, the Hogster is a rifle scope that can be used as a scanner but with its limited field of view, why would you?

Superhogster claimed detection range is 1100 yards, that is for detection and not for positive identification.

Phenom 640 claimed detection for a an animal like a hog is at 1475 yards and a detection of a passenger car is 3500 yards.

All this can be found on the Bering Optics page https://beringoptics.com/catalog/?goods=217

Stefan

You have to call Chris. He’s also taking orders now for the Super Yoter.
I am waiting for the Yoter-C with the 640 core. Only thing I don't like is that it is not a prism collimated clip-on.

Stefan

I think my next thermal purchases will be a Breach and a NOX-18 and a Yoter-C.

netman

My buddy has the Yoter on order through Whitaker’s. Looking forward to trying it out this winter.

Stefan

My buddy has the Yoter on order through Whitaker’s. Looking forward to trying it out this winter.
Post a review if you do please. I bought a few toys recently so I am on double secret spending restriction (one of my recent purchases was a cannon).