Thermal for the working man

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Can you guys compare the actual detection range of these 2 units?
The detection ranges will vary because of core used phenom 640 vs hogster 384 and native magnification. One if a rifle scope and one is not. The Phenom is a handheld scanner, the Hogster is a rifle scope that can be used as a scanner but with its limited field of view, why would you?

Superhogster claimed detection range is 1100 yards, that is for detection and not for positive identification.

Phenom 640 claimed detection for a an animal like a hog is at 1475 yards and a detection of a passenger car is 3500 yards.

All this can be found on the Bering Optics page https://beringoptics.com/catalog/?goods=217

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
You have to call Chris. He’s also taking orders now for the Super Yoter.
I am waiting for the Yoter-C with the 640 core. Only thing I don't like is that it is not a prism collimated clip-on.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
I think my next thermal purchases will be a Breach and a NOX-18 and a Yoter-C.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy has the Yoter on order through Whitaker’s. Looking forward to trying it out this winter.
Post a review if you do please. I bought a few toys recently so I am on double secret spending restriction (one of my recent purchases was a cannon).

netman

WKR
I am waiting for the Yoter-C with the 640 core. Only thing I don't like is that it is not a prism collimated clip-on.
The Yoter is on the gun. My buddy got his from Whitaker’s on Friday and wasted no time getting it set up and dialed in. He’s killed several coyotes with it already.
He is impressed with it and says he’s very happy. He’s been sending me videos from his hunts.

netman

WKR
I have the Super Hogster on my 6x6.8 AR. I’m shooting the Nosler 70 grain BT pushed by 8208.
Today I had it at the range so my dad could see what all the ruckus was about.
Sighted in at 55 yards, 1.6 high at one hundred yards and I was ringing a small gong at 343 yards.
I have a titanium Form 1 suppressor direct thread on it.
She’s ready.

netman

WKR
4AE5D604-0A4B-43D2-B9DB-4CC10A8F0680.jpeg
Here is a coyote shot with a 70 grain Sierra Blitzking. No exit. 6x6.8
I’m trying to figure out how to post videos from the Yoter for all to enjoy. Having trouble…

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Nice!!

I am currently running a Hogster-R35 on my .22. Got this little guy at around 120 yards. 20210909_220719.jpg

I got a Pulsar Helion 2 XP50 Pro for a scanner about a month ago and I am blown away at how much you can see with it. I was spotting deer at over 2000 yards in the evening before sundown. I am probably going to try and sell it after one more hunt next month though. I just wont use it enough to justify having it.

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
I’m leaning towards picking up a Rattler 35 because of the current deals. Any reason to go Hogster 35 over it?

I’m leaning towards picking up a Rattler 35 because of the current deals. Any reason to go Hogster 35 over it?
I haven’t looked through the rattler. I’m going to assume they are both the same quality wise. The main difference I believe is that Bering has a 4 year warranty and they are serviced in Texas if there is a problem. AGM has a 3 year warranty and I don’t know where they are serviced. I read overseas but I haven’t looked into them enough to dig that deep.

John98

FNG
I have an AGM Python TS-25 336x 256 and Arma Sight Predator 336 2-8x25. The batteries run out extremely fast when it is a little bit colder than usual out. Anyone have batteries that they recommend?

I have an AGM Python TS-25 336x 256 and Arma Sight Predator 336 2-8x25. The batteries run out extremely fast when it is a little bit colder than usual out. Anyone have batteries that they recommend?
I just run external battery packs on my thermals. Anker brand work best for me in the cold environment. Can hunt all night plus some in well below zero temps

Geewhiz

WKR
I would like a recommendation for a budget of $4k or so. Looking for a weapon sight as opposed to a scanner.

I hunt big country that lends towrads longer shots (300+ ideally) so the higher resolution/native mag the better. I have a bit of experience behind a halo lr so I know I will be dissapointed regardless, but thats all I've got at this point. Any good options?

I have been reading about several options in the $3-3.5k range and then jump up to $6+k for nvision and trijicon, but not aware of much in between.

I would like a recommendation for a budget of $4k or so. Looking for a weapon sight as opposed to a scanner.

I hunt big country that lends towrads longer shots (300+ ideally) so the higher resolution/native mag the better. I have a bit of experience behind a halo lr so I know I will be dissapointed regardless, but thats all I've got at this point. Any good options?

I have been reading about several options in the $3-3.5k range and then jump up to $6+k for nvision and trijicon, but not aware of much in between.
If you can bump up a few hundred in your budget I would look at the Super Yoter. I don’t think you will be disappointed. I had an MK3 60mm at the same time as the SY. Both have pro’s/con’s. The SY is on my rifle now though if that says anything.

Iray is nice but might be out of budget. I’ve heard decent things about AGM but no personal experience and they only have a 3 year warranty.

I’ve killed a few yotes out there a ways at night but it’s hard. I would work on getting them into 125-225 yards. That seems to be the sweet spot for night hunting.

Geewhiz

WKR
If you can bump up a few hundred in your budget I would look at the Super Yoter. I don’t think you will be disappointed. I had an MK3 60mm at the same time as the SY. Both have pro’s/con’s. The SY is on my rifle now though if that says anything.

Iray is nice but might be out of budget. I’ve heard decent things about AGM but no personal experience and they only have a 3 year warranty.

I’ve killed a few yotes out there a ways at night but it’s hard. I would work on getting them into 125-225 yards. That seems to be the sweet spot for night hunting.
I appreciate the feedback. I will check it out.

I hunt big country that lends towrads longer shots (300+ ideally)
In My Opinion 300 with a thermal is poke, definitely not impossible. have shot a couple at around 350 with the super hogster but if I was regularly shooting that distance, I would want a 640unit with minimum 3 base mag & something with LRF would be nice