Thermal scanner

What’s scanners have you had experience with? I’m trying to find one that is the best bang for the buck.

I think one of the best priced scanners out there is the Bering Phenom. (For coyote hunting where/how I hunt)

It really depends on what you are using it for. You might be able to get by with a super cheap scanner. And you might need something like a Trijicon or Nvision.

I run a AGM ASP TM35-384 and its been awesome, buddy runs a pulsar axion XM30 and we both agree my AGM has better image & performs better in high humidity. If i was to do it again i would pruchase some sort of 640 scanner whether that be a bering phenom or pulsar Helion 2 or somthing along those lines. Only reason i say this is because you spend 95% of time behind the scanner and maybe 5% actually looking through scope

We need more info to give you a better answer. What do you plan to do with? How far away do you want to detect a heat source?

Smid

WKR
I have the helion 2 xp50. Great image, awesome battery life and super durable. I got an awesome deal last year on it, I’d imagine some deals will be had with the helion pro coming out

brockel

WKR
I have the Bering optics Phenom. It’s an amazing scanner. This is just holding my phone up to it and taking a picture. It’s way better through the scanner than my phone shows. This was a chicken house raiding fox the other night
1E59BAA6-602D-4FD7-B942-C970A3CF3454.jpeg

bigmtnhntr88

Lil-Rokslider
I run a AGM ASP TM35-384 and its been awesome, buddy runs a pulsar axion XM30 and we both agree my AGM has better image & performs better in high humidity. If i was to do it again i would pruchase some sort of 640 scanner whether that be a bering phenom or pulsar Helion 2 or somthing along those lines. Only reason i say this is because you spend 95% of time behind the scanner and maybe 5% actually looking through scope
What would you say the effective detection range is for your AGM on an average night?

What would you say the effective detection range is for your AGM on an average night?
specs say vehicle sized objects out to 2 miles which i would agree. human sized objects 1,125 yards which i think is a little on the short side, can easily detect deer out to mile, id say ID range will vary depending on user experience level but i feel like i can ID a coyote at 400 yards easily in open terrain in good conditions

Roscoehd

FNG
I have the Bering optics Phenom. It’s an amazing scanner. This is just holding my phone up to it and taking a picture. It’s way better through the scanner than my phone shows. This was a chicken house raiding fox the other night
View attachment 313031
I assume this is a 640? This is available in a 384 for around $2100 (budget). I have a Super Hogster and it works great. I scan with a Pulsar XM 30, when conditions are poor, the Hogster is much more clear.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Helmet mounted or handheld? For helmet I would look at a NOX-18. If on a budget for helmet mounted there is always the Flir Breach. If you have a large budget I would look for a Skeet.

The Phenom seems like a solid option for hand held.