Thermals?

Who here is running thermals?

I have dove in this winter and really been enjoying going out at night more, when there is less people out, seem to have a bit of odds stacked in my favor more, because they move a lot at night and feal more at ease cause of less pressure.

I have been thinking about when the season (usually i go after them nov through feb) is over the other uses for the thermals. I thought it would be great to take up in the hills and play with for spring bear as well as see what else may be cruising around. Maybe go out in early fall when cat season starts and get in
Some canyons and cat country and see how they do there.

What have you guys been doing in the off season?

Is there much interest on here for thermals for predators, prey and other uses that they would be helpful with?

What would you guys think about a dealer coming on here as a sponsor and a contributor with information on thermals as qell as deals for Roksliders?

Attachments

• 20200105_032627.jpg
    20200105_032627.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191220_230812.jpg
    20191220_230812.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191221_013648.jpg
    20191221_013648.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 48

Samson7x

WKR
I primarily use mine for hog hunting and they are always in season :). I also hunt predators though and they are regulated in my state.

Thermal is also helpful during the day if you are trying to find critters in brush, etc.

Whisky

WKR
Thermals, like suppressors, are gaining in popularity at a pretty high rate. I know 3 people who recently purchased thermal scopes for predator hunting. I've had one on my wish list for a few years, but it has not made it high enough on my priority list to drop the ridiculous amount of money on one yet.

OP
sportsmans challenge
Thermals, like suppressors, are gaining in popularity at a pretty high rate. I know 3 people who recently purchased thermal scopes for predator hunting. I've had one on my wish list for a few years, but it has not made it high enough on my priority list to drop the ridiculous amount of money on one yet.

I think we all could use a dealer to get on here and help us out with info and purchases and save us some coin. I have a guy in mind, just trying to get him hooked up with rokslide owners

Last edited:

Whisky

WKR
When the time is right, I would be game for a deal on a Trijicon 😁

I’m seriously considering investing in some thermal. Price is holding me back some so a site sponsor with good prices might help. I’m also waiting to see what the new Pulsar releases are and some reviews on a company called AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sportsmans challenge
Still working to get you guys the rite dealer on here. In the mean time if you have questions on some thermals or pricing let me know i have a couple i am working with to help you guys out.

Nuke Man

WKR
I’m seriously considering investing in some thermal. Price is holding me back some so a site sponsor with good prices might help. I’m also waiting to see what the new Pulsar releases are and some reviews on a company called AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've been told the AGM guys are ex Flir engineers. Flir just shit canned their whole thermal scope (OTS) department about a month ago. Having owned flir I wouldn't hesitate to go with AGM.

OP
sportsmans challenge
I am surprised that there isn't more manufacturers coming out with more lrf options. As advanced as these bino rangefinders and handhelds and scope units are it shouldnt be a huge issue to add something on.

Would like to find something like the scilencerco radius out there, but for around 500, not the 1000 dollars guys are selling them for.